“Not too bad!!”

Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This hotel is not too bad for the price you pay. It's in a good area, and seems to be safe. This hotel brings in a lot of the traveling workers and while we were there, road construction crews were staying there. There were a few parties going on, but nothing I was worried about. Discount tickets to ValleyFair was a huge plus!! Pool area seemed clean and the kids liked swimming there. Keep in mind, there brochure says "free donuts and coffee" so people expecting more should not. We had a refrig and microwave in our room, so we had food for breakfast. This hotel is good as it's between the ValleyFair park and the Mall of America.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was a little worried about booking a room online, but when I found this place I thought it would be perfect for what we needed. We had a nice "basic" room, which is all that we really needed, with basic amenities. Two queen beds, tv, hot and clean shower, iron/board, frig and microwave, (upon request at no charge), a pool and hot tub. We always came "home" to a clean/made bed and clean towels. It was nice after a long, tiring day of shopping to come back to our room and be able to just relax without worrying about our stuff being messed with!! Our laptop and Psp's were left alone, even the change on the table wasn't disturbed!! The location was awesome, but the parking lot was glare ice as was most the parking lots in the area!! We have recommended this place to others and will definitely stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel is quite dated and in desperate need of renovations. But I guess you get what you pay for as the rates for this hotel are quite cheap.

Pros: Convenient location off the highway, not very expensive. Discount Valleyfair tickets available here. Free wi-fi internet but it was very slow to load pages.

Cons: No hairdryers or irons in the room, beds were very uncomfortable, thin towels that had holes in them. I never understand why some hotels only put out two large bath towels for a family of four? Our air conditioner sounded like a jet taking off it was so loud. I honestly thought the fan was going to blow or fly out of the air conditioner. But the pro to the loud air conditioner, was the fact it drowned out the noise of the kids running up and down the hall.

Free breakfast? I don't know about you, but I don't feed my teenagers coffee and donuts for breakfast. That was what was available.

Another odd event happened while staying here. We gave our teenagers money to call a taxi to take them to Valleyfair as we had to leave early that morning to watch the PGA Championships. I spoke to the front desk clerk the evening before and she called the company to find out it would cost them $28 to get there.
The next morning, the kids went to the front desk and asked the front desk clerk to call a taxi for them. A man showed up, shook hands with the front desk clerk and my kids said there was an exchange of money. Our teens heading into the "taxi" which was the drivers own personal vehicle. He told my children his taxi had broken down and he was using his own vehicle for the day. He took them to Valleyfair but did not go past the gate and let them out across the parking lot saying they could walk because he did not know how to get in the Valleyfair parking lot. My daughter thought the whole thing was strangely bizarre and yes, so did I. Not sure what is going on with that but I am not the least bit impressed about how that went down.

We won't be staying here again in the future but if a family is looking for a cheap place to crash and doesn't need any amenities, this is the hotel for them.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank savvygal
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Rooms and hotel very clean but furniture in bedroom showing wear. Beds comfortable. Carpet in hallway needs replacement due to stains. Staff friendly. Counter in lobby has tray of donuts and coffee for breakfast. Perkins Pancakes just down the street. Price and location to Bloomington excellent; easy access to highway to the Mall of America.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

When I pulled up to check in on Saturday night, there were nothing but fat drunks drinking and smoking outside. The lobby smelled musty, the pool area was disgusting. The hot tub was closed due to a child taking a dump in it. The rooms were vile. Towels had YWCA on them and the staff was rude. Halls were filled with fat people running up and down all night long yelling and banging doors. The breakfast was a tray of donuts and a pot of coffee. I checked out out the next morning, and the front desk staff was the same dude who was cleaning the poop out of the hot tub. I showered with flip flops and covered my pillow with a t-shirt. However, as the sign out front says, your tenth night is free.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mrcub1971
Reviewed March 17, 2009

The Prime Rate Motel was just wonderful. Terrific value for the price. Everything about it was excellent. The girls at the desk were so friendly and helpful, printing off local maps for me, etc., the bed was comfortable, with crisp, clean sheets, the bathroom was pristinely clean, with a nice tub and lots of clean towels, the TV was modern and had many channels from which to choose, and the whole room was beautifully clean. It was also a nice quiet motel- I never had issues with sounds from either the other rooms, the lobby or the surrounding buildings. It's also right next to the Burnsville Parkway (not noisy), which takes you right into downtown Minneapolis. This Canadian gal will be sure to return to this particular motel if and when I return to suburban Minneapolis (which I also loved). Thank you, Prime Rate, and keep up the wonderful work.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I had a very good experience at this Motel. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the pool and hot tub were wonderful, and the donuts were awesome. The staff are extremely nice, and even let me check out several hours late at no cost. I will stay there every time I go to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to Prime Rate Inn - Burnsville? Share your experiences!