“Very cool theater”
Review of Paragon Odyssey 15

Paragon Odyssey 15
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Burnsville
More attraction details
Owner description: IMAX The Mezz Bistro Lounge, serving small plates and specialty beverages CLUB LEVEL with VIP Luxury Seats; we welcome guests of all ages to enjoy a movie in our Club Level auditoriums before 4:00 pm*. It is truly a VIP experience for the whole family. After 4:00 PM, the Club Level is reserved for guests 21 and older. Reserved Seating Stadium Seating Birthday Parties & Corporate Events Diamond Rewards Loyalty Program *Club Level upcharge charge applies.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was shopping at the mall and wanted to see a movie. I was very pleased at the condition of the theater and the great bar outside of the actual theater. You can brongs your drinks inside with you, very cool.

All reviews
"pizza"
"popcorn"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was excited to be able to make reservations for advance seating in the premier adult only theater where we could have food and an adult beverage, and loveseat seating.

When I heard about the release date for This Means War being moved to Friday, I double-checked to make SURE they were one of the 2,000 theaters authorized for the sneak preview Tuesday night. I re-checked their website Monday night and Tuesday afternoon.

Upon arriving to the theater, there was no one around to answer any questions. I ordered online (the directions said to bring the credit card used for purchase) and didn't know if we needed to stand in the LONG only line to purchase tickets, or if we could go in the shorter one with a kiosk. What theater only has ONE purchase line open on Valentine's Day?

Upon arrival to the theater, it was total chaos. There was only one ticket window open, and no one to assist anyone with where to go. We stood in one line that turned out to be for a DIY kiosk. Rather than stand in the line (out the door) for the one live person ticket booth, I walked alongside and asked what we were supposed to do if we purchased online. She was very nice and used my credit card to print our tickets quickly. This was to be the ONLY good service we received all night.

Upon entering we couldn't figure out where to go - the signage is not good. There was a snack counter ahead with just 2 teens working - on Valentine's Day! Luckily someone in line for concessions told us that we wanted to go up the stairs to the premier theater and the bar was up there. There was no one taking tickets or telling anyone where to go. Where was the staff?

Then we got upstairs to get a beer, and there was only one bartender working. Who only has ONE bartender on Valentine's Day? Hmmmm? Notice a pattern here? We were told that servers did come around in the theater, so since it was 7:30 and time for the movie to start and we still didn't have a drink, we headed in. The only server we saw helped people 3 seats away from us, but I could not get her attention - she avoided eye contact with anyone else and tried to get back out quickly (till someone physically grabbed her).

So my husband went out to order beers and food. He came back with the beers and it was way past time for the movie, but nothing had started yet. We would never have ordered food there, but considering we went straight from work to my son’s basketball game (which we had to leave early to make the movie on time), to the movie, we needed something because we wouldn’t be home until around 10PM. I’m not a big fan of eating from plates on my lap when I pay more than $8 for a meal. Finally our food was delivered, but still no movie! I asked the waitress for a napkin and silverware, and she said, “I’ve got it.” But we NEVER got napkins or silverware. Not ever. I tried to ask again when she was near us and was completely ignored. Thank goodness my husband had paper napkins in his pocket leftover from lunch, and it was possible to eat our food with our hands (even though a fork would have been preferred).

Then an employee came out and told us they were having a “bit of a problem with the movie – Sony didn’t send us the code.” Yep, and I know WHY they didn’t send you the code. You didn’t have the pre-screening rights for Tuesday night for that movie! We were told they were working on it, and it should only be 5 more minutes. But it was much longer. And still no movie. Then we got an apology that there was equipment failure. Funny thing is they could show Star Wars 3D. Yep – just my idea of a perfect romantic evening in an adults’ only theater! Ha – what a joke! Plus kids started coming in too at that point, and we were told this was an adult-only theater?

We got an apology, and an offer of two free passes – one to return to see the movie on the weekend (get that – weekend – they didn’t have rights to the movie before that, just like all but 2,000 theaters in the country), and another to come see anything we want another time. Then people asked if they couldn’t at least show some movie. They agreed and passed out glasses for Star Wars 3D. We declined. They tried to give us just one pass for returning, because anyone that stayed to watch Star Wars suddenly was only getting one pass. We explained we would be leaving, but were kind of held hostage because we had beer and food. They started the previews and we felt obligated to leave – didn’t finish everything.

Then comes the clincher; I asked the ONE girl working the ticket booth about the passes. She said they can be used to get into any movie, but cannot be used for the pre-assigned seating online. The ONLY reason we went to the theater was because of the chance to pre-reserve and know that we were getting the loveseats. So we didn’t even get compensated for what we paid for in any way. And I could not find any employees around other than the girl at the ticket booth and the two workers in concessions to try to resolve anything.

I normally give a place the “3 strikes and you are out” chance. But this place got more than 3 strikes all in ONE night. We won’t be back. And I am seriously considering a charge-back to the establishment for everything, because they did not deliver on the services we paid for. If we hadn’t been LIED to, I might give them another chance. But that was the final straw. They had reservations for dinner packages and pre-seating, and rather than risk losing those by notifying us in advance that the movie had to be changed, they played games with us. I don’t see this business being around more than a few months at this rate…

I posted my complaints (as did several others) on their FaceBook page. Rather than address the problems, they removed our posts. No one called us or emailed us or sent us a private message offering to try to fix things. The few times I tried to call, I had no luck reaching a manager. I finally gave up. Now it is the end of May and I still have 4 unused GENERAL admission tickets. This is NOT what I paid for. This business commits fraud. We should have been REFUNDED, not given something other than we purchased, after they already ruined a special holiday evening.

1  Thank Kathryn_in_MN
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Pretty basic movie theater, but upstairs there is a great bar the bartender was really nice and if you tip for your drinks, he makes them pretty strong lol. Cheap drinks with a nice upscale feeling bar

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Easy to get toAnd a great place to catch an early show. Priced right.