“Many years of visiting Chuck E. Cheese in Burnsville”
Review of Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese
Ranked #85 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We love this place. Kids of all ages, even college age, have games to play for only one token. They get tickets which they take to the counter to buy little prizes. The pizza is good and so is the salad bar. I'd skip the sandwiches. Kids can crawl through the tubes if you don't want to spend money on games. Birthday parties are fun but expensive for what you get. You always need to buy extra tokens and the cake is not very good. Yes, it's noisy, but you can chose a table away from the noise and sit and read if you'd like.

1  Thank KPichelman

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my first time to Chuck E Cheese, and i heard all kinds of stories about how crazy it is and that the food isn't good. My in-laws wanted to take my 5 and 2 year old there so we went there on a Wednesday night and it was a lot of FUN! The kids had a blast playing the games, and winning prizes. The food was fine I thought, I got a salad bar and we order pizzas for the rest of the group. The pizza was fine, better than i thought it would be. There were only about 4 tables and a small birthday party the night we were there. I do recommend ONLY going on a week day, especially if its your first visit. The staff were very nice and helpful being it was our first time there. I will go again, and ONLY during the week days, if i can help it.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Unless you have small children or grandchildren there are so much better places. We have neither and went to CC to use all our tokens from years ago when my husband and buddies would go for lunch and they got free tokens with their lunch, which tells one how long ago that was. The old tokens still worked which was surprising, so we had fun shooting up aliens. Remembering past CC pizzas from children's BD parties we got salads. Still just okay.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We always have a great experience at Burnsville Chuk E Cheese if we go during the weekday with a coupon. Weekends are abhorrent! You couldn't pay me to go (literally, not even the kids can find a way to have fun with the overcrowding) the pizza has certainly improved as well. I like the new pricing one token per game, very kid and wallet friendly!

Reviewed August 31, 2009

We live in the area, and have probably been to this location 10 times over the last 10 years. In years past, I would say this was a 2/3 star place.

We tried it again last week (late August 2009), and this time our experience was more like a 4/5 star. They have clearly put some money into the place, and have remodeled and took out a wall and opened up the floor plan considerably.

The biggest improvement though was in the staff and the planned activities for all the kids. They did a thing where the kids would follow Chuck E, and then they all grouped together and did the chicken dance and other things and the kids were all having a fantastic time. My kids were grinning ear to ear, and laughing and participating at the top of their lungs, so that for a parent is priceless!

Another thing they have changed is they now do these "ticket cannons", where they shoot off hundreds of tickets at various locations in the room and the kids all go find them.

Food wise, the salad bar was more than adequate, and the pizza was fine (both daughters dug right in so 5-stars from them).

Tip: go online and print out a family coupon from their website before going. We got a large pizza, 4 drinks, and 40 tokens for $25, so that was a great deal.

Also, this location is part of Burnsville center, so you can plan a shipping trip, eat here at Chuck E Cheese, and also go to the new Atlantis movie theater all in the same area. Great for families!

All in all, we had a fantastic time here last week, much better than anytime in the past. They have clearly made improvements here and it shows!

2  Thank FamilyVacationsMN