“Salmon was good, service very good.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #48 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here with family, I had salmon which was done right. Others had all you can eat shrimp but they are the small shrimp. Very busy place, we had to wait 40 minutes for a table. Medly vegetable is there best side.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recently spent 4 days in the Burnsville area. I dined one night at the Red Lobster on Rt 42. I waited about 15 minutes to be seated on a very busy Thursday. Waiter was fast & courteous. My 7/7 was alright. Not to weak, not to strong.

I ordered the steak & Lobster tail, with mashed potatos and rice. Steak was cooked medium well. The food was just fine. I tried to eat there again on Sunday around 7:30 but the wait was 45-60 minute wait so I didn't dine there that night.

1  Thank ParkAvenueMOOSE
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Took the family (12 including 5 grand kids 1 to 18) to Red Lobster (one of my wife's favorite restaurant chains). We have visited probably over 25 Red Lobsters across the country and this one did not disappoint. We were seated relatively quickly. Service (Kristen?) was quick, friendly and efficient (important when you have small kids). As always the menu was varied enough for all (including finicky teens). Biscuits were excellent as always. All dishes were good.

Red Lobster seems also to handle crowds well - it was crowded and there was a "traffic jam" in the lobby as usual, but the service and food quality did not suffer.

1  Thank JMSFL
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited on Friday, March 1, 2013. We arrived at 11:45 am and were told that there was a 20 minute wait for a table. When we were finally seated in the dining area we could see that fully one-half of all dining tables were empty! Our table was the closest to the kitchen and the staff would hang there and talk about all the wait staff that simply did not show up for work today, so those tables could not be seated!!!

I ordered the Lobster Lover's Dream (pictured). It was a small split Maine lobster tail, a rock lobster tail, and a lobster and shrimp over garlic/cream linguine. The only thing properly cooked was the small Maine tail. The rock lobster was way over cooked and very, very dry. The pasta dish was so heavy with grease and garlic that it was inedible. The accompanying salad had the tomato and cucumber diced into the lettuce instead of laying slices of those veggies on top of the iceberg. I had broccoli as a side and it was good; i.e., no sauce to destroy it. As always, the highlight of the meal is the cheddar biscuit.

My wife, not a fish eater, had chicken strips and mashed potatoes. We had two regular ice teas.

So...for a noon lunch for two: 2 iced teas at $2.65 each; lobster entree $31.99; chicken $10.50. Add tax and tip for a total of $61.20!! Ouch!

1  Thank Steve0315
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a birthday party of ten that chose to eat at 4:30pm to avoid the crowds. Were we wrong! It was mobbed and we waited 50 minutes. Once seated, the orders were taken promptly and the food arrived shortly thereafter. The most popular order was the "endless shrimp" offered six ways. All were good but not great. Signs of mass production were evident rather than carefully prepared chef platings. A create your own selection of scallops looked good but were underdone. Most entrees were eaten but not entirely except for the endless shrimp. The restaurant was crowded, noisy and filled with young children. Not my favorite atmosphere but I must be wrong. We were done eating by 7:00pm and the waiting area was three times more crowded than when we arrived. The masses win.

1  Thank duluthharold