“Don't trust the management”
Review of Super 8 Buffalo

Super 8 Buffalo
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Told us we could book our rooms at one rate but when we came in she charged us a higher rate and said the previous rate was a "special offer" and that we couldn't have it anymore. Terrible customer service and the rooms are NOT worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed in Super 8 hotels before, and it's always a gamble as to whether it's going to be a nice one or a not-so-nice one. This one was not-so-nice. The staff were friendly enough, when you could find them at the front desk. There was a phone that you had to call to get them to come to the front desk, which I found rather off-putting. They were kind enough to accept a package for me while I was at work, though.
The room was pretty rough. It was either baking hot or freezing cold, no happy medium at all...but, by the end of the week I managed a system that kept it tolerable. My bed was a spongy, u-shaped slab of fabric and metal that left me crooked as a politician every morning. The bathroom was a glorified broom closet, at best; small bathrooms really bother me. Speaking of the bathroom, the water pressure was solid, except for the mornings when I had to take cold showers because no matter how high I cranked it over to "hot" all I would get was freezing cold water. The next day, the walls were vibrating so loudly that it woke me up from a dead sleep. It was the pipes rattling inside the walls. It was so intense I could FEEL it through the water when I took a shower, and could hear it over the sound of the water. Perhaps the most annoying were the enormous gaps between the floor and the bottom of the door to the room. I could hear everything happening in the hall, all the other guests felt it necessary to slam their doors, let their kids run crazy up and down the hall, and the best was the infant next door who rattled the walls, wailing pitiful tears every single night. (I understand the hotel has little control over these matters, but it didn't help at all)
Kn owing I had another 3 weeks total to spend in this town over the coming months, I was dreading my return visit. Thankfully there is a Country Inn by Carlson down the road. Upon returning to the office the following week, I immediately contacted my company's travel agent and had her change my reservation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The basis of this review is to let other travelers be aware of excellent low cost lodging in Buffalo Minnesota. Room was very clean, plenty of towels, and all the standard amenity's. The shower was wonderful, excellent pressure, and the tub worked well for relaxing. Hot and cold water mix was just right in the shower. I was amazed that a large sized mini-fridge with freezer space, the kind that can hold about a weeks worth of food was in my room. I really enjoyed having the min-fridge. I just walked across he street to Cub foods and stalked up on all the food supply's and the Mini-fridge and freezer keeps all my food from spoiling. The staff were so friendly, it made being away from home like a cozy stay with family, and when I say that I mean he family members I enjoy being around (mother-in-law not included). I guess my "o my gosh" moment was on my second night. I was paying for a few extra nights at the front desk and was happy to do so with the low room rates. I was so tired that I accidentally left my debit card on the front desk counter. I went back-up to my room and within 5 minutes a friendly staff member knocked on my room door and polity handed over my bank card and wished me a good night. I was so thankful the staff at the Buffalo Super 8 acted so promptly to ensure I received my valuable bank card. For all I know the staff may have prevented a theft hat night. I could go on and on about my fantastic stay at the Buffalo Super 8 but I think you get the point.

Thank You Buffalo Super 8 and good night all.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was okay, but the heater wasn't on at all so it took about an hour for the room to warm up. There was only one blanket on the bed so we had to turn the heat up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The staff at this hotel were excellent,very friendly,very nice,very willing to please. That is where it ended.The beds were horrible,springs coming up and poking you. Linens were very old,but clean.
The train across the street ran every hour,it sounded like I was on the darn tracks.The window did not close,and its winter here! There was water marks in the drawers???? Had there been a flood.The place smelled...too flowery,like they were covering something up....The stairs were very steep and short,I'm not sure they were even up to code. Would not reccomend.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. They had a pool...was afraid to go look at it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Well it was just bad. There were bugs in side the dresser I don't think it had been cleaned in quite a while. and as for sleep I did not get any. The beds should have been burned. The springs were poking me all over. and it was not just my bed. My friend had the same thing. We had to fold up the comforter and put it on the bed and sleep on it so we would not feel the springs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Then hotel is old and dingy. In very bad need of repair. Everything is old and worn out. The carpet is thread bare. The bedding is worn out. The towels are dingy. The room smelled. There wasn't even an alarm clock in our room. Hopefully we never have to stay in that town again. If we do - I would have to stay somewhere else. This place was disgusting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Mona P, Manager at Super 8 Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

We are sorry that your stay is not comfortable but We are up to date with super 8 standard. Also we are under renovating mode in few rooms.

We appreciate the feed back from the guest about the issue but would appreciate more details about the stay so that we can take corrective action if required. Providing more details about the stay would really help the hotel with inspecting, identifying and treating the issue if it exists. We invite the reviewer to kindly get in touch with the hotel so that we can get additional details in this case. We will give you VIP service in one of our suite room when you come next.

Been to Super 8 Buffalo? Share your experiences!