“My 4 night stay-was-5-star-Quality”
Review of Super 8 Buffalo

Super 8 Buffalo
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Buffalo
Buffalo, Minnesota
“My 4 night stay-was-5-star-Quality”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The basis of this review is to let other travelers be aware of excellent low cost lodging in Buffalo Minnesota. Room was very clean, plenty of towels, and all the standard amenity's. The shower was wonderful, excellent pressure, and the tub worked well for relaxing. Hot and cold water mix was just right in the shower. I was amazed that a large sized mini-fridge with freezer space, the kind that can hold about a weeks worth of food was in my room. I really enjoyed having the min-fridge. I just walked across he street to Cub foods and stalked up on all the food supply's and the Mini-fridge and freezer keeps all my food from spoiling. The staff were so friendly, it made being away from home like a cozy stay with family, and when I say that I mean he family members I enjoy being around (mother-in-law not included). I guess my "o my gosh" moment was on my second night. I was paying for a few extra nights at the front desk and was happy to do so with the low room rates. I was so tired that I accidentally left my debit card on the front desk counter. I went back-up to my room and within 5 minutes a friendly staff member knocked on my room door and polity handed over my bank card and wished me a good night. I was so thankful the staff at the Buffalo Super 8 acted so promptly to ensure I received my valuable bank card. For all I know the staff may have prevented a theft hat night. I could go on and on about my fantastic stay at the Buffalo Super 8 but I think you get the point.

Thank You Buffalo Super 8 and good night all.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winter, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was okay, but the heater wasn't on at all so it took about an hour for the room to warm up. There was only one blanket on the bed so we had to turn the heat up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The staff at this hotel were excellent,very friendly,very nice,very willing to please. That is where it ended.The beds were horrible,springs coming up and poking you. Linens were very old,but clean.
The train across the street ran every hour,it sounded like I was on the darn tracks.The window did not close,and its winter here! There was water marks in the drawers???? Had there been a flood.The place smelled...too flowery,like they were covering something up....The stairs were very steep and short,I'm not sure they were even up to code. Would not reccomend.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. They had a pool...was afraid to go look at it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Well it was just bad. There were bugs in side the dresser I don't think it had been cleaned in quite a while. and as for sleep I did not get any. The beds should have been burned. The springs were poking me all over. and it was not just my bed. My friend had the same thing. We had to fold up the comforter and put it on the bed and sleep on it so we would not feel the springs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Then hotel is old and dingy. In very bad need of repair. Everything is old and worn out. The carpet is thread bare. The bedding is worn out. The towels are dingy. The room smelled. There wasn't even an alarm clock in our room. Hopefully we never have to stay in that town again. If we do - I would have to stay somewhere else. This place was disgusting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mona P, Manager at Super 8 Buffalo, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We are sorry that your stay is not comfortable but We are up to date with super 8 standard. Also we are under renovating mode in few rooms.

We appreciate the feed back from the guest about the issue but would appreciate more details about the stay so that we can take corrective action if required. Providing more details about the stay would really help the hotel with inspecting, identifying and treating the issue if it exists. We invite the reviewer to kindly get in touch with the hotel so that we can get additional details in this case. We will give you VIP service in one of our suite room when you come next.
Hillsboro
Reviewed December 27, 2013

the room was clean. the driveway not cleaned of snow. had trouble with reservation was wrong.booked one room charged for two.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mona P, Manager at Super 8 Buffalo, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for any inconvenience to you. We have a 48 hours cancellation policy and you were charged below normal fee charges for the cancellation as you were given a discounted rate as well. We will give you a better price on your next stay because of the inconvenience.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed at super 8 motel in early December for few nights. On arrival we were quickly checked in and allocated 2nd floor room which I was very happy with as had seen reviews on here which recommended being on 2nd floor. We had a wonderful stay and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my visit. The room was very clean, spacious and well decorated. I couldn't believe how comfortable the bed was. There was water, tea,coffee at front desk. We had a room near pool but we could not see pool view.

Once unpacked we headed down to the heated pool and spa downstairs. The pool is very big but as we don’t usually do much swimming.

We ate breakfast downstairs. The service was great

We had an awesome view of the snow from room and enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room # 208 is suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mona P, Manager at Super 8 Buffalo, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback so that we can make all of our guest stay pleasant and comfortable as possible. Marry Christmas and have happy new year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo
Country Inn By Carlson, Buffalo
Best Western Chelsea Hotel
Best Western Chelsea Hotel
#1 of 3 in Monticello
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers

Been to Super 8 Buffalo? Share your experiences!