“Not Authentic NOLA--But Very Good Food”
Review of 115 Bourbon Street

115 Bourbon Street
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Twice during the last 30-days I have attended Board dinner meetings at Bourbon Street 115 where we are holding a major fundraising event in August. Although advertised and themed as a New Orleans Louisiana (NOLA) restaurant, truth-be-told this is simply a very interesting above-average Chicago area sports bar with widely varied cocktail offerings, and decent--though NOT authentic--Cajun/NOLA food. I have been there at least 10 times over the past five years, and the food has no "kick" to it; No "Bam!" All in all, it’s really good food, and an enjoyable venue, but don't let the name fool you. The Jambalaya and Shrimp Creole are nowhere near NOLA authentic dishes. I look forward to returning with my gumbo file in hand!

1  Thank FhayzeB