“Valentine's Day letdown!”

Sweet Taste of Italy
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been repeat customers, the food is great and easy on the wallet. I got a coupon for a Valentine's Day special, lasagna for two, garlic cheese bread and dessert for $15.99. I thought "great deal!" So decide to take my girlfriend out for a nice dinner out for Valentine's. We get there, wait in a long line, only to be told they were only taking carry out orders because they have a "ginormous" high school hockey team coming in. Seriously on Valentines Day, the biggest date night of the year? We decided to place our order anyway and eat at home. About an hour later, we were still waiting. We watch people who came in after us order larger quantities of food and get their orders, while we wait. And wait. And wait! Nearly an hour later, we go up and ask what happened to our order. Turns out our slip was misplaced. We've always enjoyed your food and service, but tonight we feel the ball was dropped. So much for a pleasant night out. Don't understand why they would reserve the dining room for a high school hockey team on Valentine's day.

1  Thank Chabba77

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's not high dining but it's not meant to be. It's a fun little restaurant owned by two great people who not only run a great place but are also very community-minded. Love the spaghetti with the meatless sauce. And the bread - oh, the bread - is the best. The. Best.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant and was very glad we went. The food was great. My children loved the pizza and sweet bread! The sandwich was great for my husband and everyone was satisfied with our order. I thought it was a great amt of food for the combo we bought. We are definitely going back. Very family friendly and great service!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hot chick pizza is yummy! Spicy and the bottom of the crust has a great seasoning on it. We enjoy their pizza and the sweet bread. The garlic sweet bread is dangerously addicting.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

THANKS AGAIN! Grabbed a quick dinner for the family and my dad (in town from St Louis) - we all loved the food! Quality ingredients and great staff make for exceptional food! This location is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the Crystal locatio for taste and service!