“Excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Taste of Italy

Sweet Taste of Italy
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
New Brighton, Minnesota
“Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

The settings of the restaurant is wonderful, the people who work here are happy, and nice, and the food is amazing! you really get your moneys worth at this great establishment. i have been here only a couple times, but that will definitely change in the future. this restaurant is a prefect mix of homeliness and fine dining, two thumbs up! keep up the excellent service!

Plymouth, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Groupon Success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I will admit I was very skeptical of going to use my groupon here, after reading some of the reviews. I thought maybe I would be going to deal with some loud-mouthed jerk upset because I was using a groupon. So when I called in my order, I let him know I was coming with a groupon so that I hopefully wouldn't have a problem. My experience was fantastic. He is a very friendly outgoing guy, who loves to make Italian food. The people on here who gave him bad ratings just don't understand business. Coupons are used to bring customers in who have never tried it before, in hopes it will bring them back in next time they need whatever they are selling. But your business can't operate if you don't get money. Almost every restaurant out there doesn't let you use multiple coupons at a time/table. The reason being, they still need to make some money off of you. (You can't go to a gas station with a bunch of 4/cents a gallon off coupons and use multiple ones to get a full free tank of gas). The owner is just the kind of person who doesn't put up with stupid people, and so when these people get upset he is just honest and calls them out for being dumb. People are just so used to restaurants giving them what they want because when you complain in a "corporate restaurant" they cater to you to make sure your business stays there. He just doesn't do that. What people don't realize is that, when you buy something at a locally owned business, your supporting someones dream by helping them put food on a table for their family, rather than "Olive Garden" where your helping some CEO build another cabin on an island. FOOD: I had a 25 dollar groupon and got enough food for me and another to eat lunch, and a salad, and tiramisu, and 2 drinks! On top of that I had food leftover for 3 days. The spaghetti is very good, but make sure to get it with meatballs, the more meatballs the better. The garlic bread is made on a sweeter loaf of bread, so it gives it a unique touch but its amazing! Loved the service, loved the food, love the business model, they will have my business for a long time. Do not hesitate to go in and try their food because of previous posts, they are tremendously wrong.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kdhennum
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“HIDEOUS, Practically Abusive Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have never, ever been treated so horribly at an establishment where I am spending my money!!!!! After asking where my order was, after watching people who came in AFTER me get their orders in less than 5 minutes, I was ordered out of the store....but I had already paid for my food! A short time later another younger looking employee brought up my order which was ONE sandwich and 2 - 8 inch pieces of bread, the employee, who later said her name was Belinda, grabbed the order and again told me to get out. I demanded a refund and was refused while she proceeded to answer the phone and take another order and actually complained about me to the customer on the phone!!!! I told her I had already paid and the person on the phone hadn't and that I wanted my money or I would call the police for theft. I am shocked and appalled that this was even allowed to happen!! I have spent a lot of money here and I feel like I have been abused. Stay away!!!

6 Thank Tracy D
screenname00000, Owner at Sweet Taste of Italy, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Some people you just can not help! One item she ordered was cinnamon bread. We have to wait for the sugar to caramelize before we send it out. (It takes extra time) Before putting the cinnamon bread in the oven, Balinda noticed that whoever buttered it did not put enough on. She could have just said who cares and threw it in the oven as-is. She decided to go in the back cooler, and put more butter on the bread. (I wish all my employees cared as much as Balinda) This added a couple minutes to the order. The two customers that ordered after her had VERY simple orders that are very fast and easy. Anyone that has ever worked in a restaurant understands this.
What is really crazy about this whole ordeal is SHE GOT HER MONEY BACK! Thats right, Balinda gave her all her food and all her money back! What else could we have done? She would not listen to an explanation, she never contacted me directly. Balinda told her to go to the website and email me. Instead, she went viral on several sites just to try and ruin our reputation. Take her review with a grain of salt, and remember that every restaurant gets these people. We literally paid her to eat our food, and it was not good enough??
Mpls, Mn
“fabulous and wonderful everytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

YUM!!! We live in the area and LOVE to eat here! MY husband brings me food at work. Whenever they find out in advance he is stopping at STOI, EVERYONE wants in on the order. NO offense to STOI, it is a compliment, BUT collecting money for the food is another story! We always order the mostaccoli, the Italian Supreme (this sandwich is HUGE, my husband can only eat the 6 inch . . . ), and cheese bread with extra sauce. My husband would be happy to LIVE on the sauce alone . . . . Keep it coming STOI! Jim, Shellie, and Analise

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
screenname00000, Owner at Sweet Taste of Italy, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Hello Jim, Shellie and Analise
You are our favorite type of customer. You get what we do! I love bringing food out to a table and talking to customers like you. We REALLY like the food that we serve and feel like rock stars when we hear your applause! Thank you for taking the time to tell the world what we do.
“Ok at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ok my boyfriend and I went in because a groupon we had to use. The garlic cheese was not bad. The pasta was over cooked. The sauce was very salty. The best part of the meal was the soda but how can you mess up soda. If you are looking for cheep italian food and have not had good italian before save your cash and hit olive garden.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mnbear8486
screenname00000, Owner at Sweet Taste of Italy, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. We like to get reviews on our food (good and bad) so we know what to fix. I can tell you why the sauce may seam a bit salty. With the price of burger right now, I made a bulk purchase of over 2000 lbs. We gererally use 80/20, however the new stuff is 85/15. I thought that with being lower in fat it would be a better sauce. That is not the case at all. It dries faster and has a saltier taste. Our meatballs cooked smaller, it was just a bad buy on my part. Lucky for everyone, we learned the hard way and it is all used up. As far as the pasta being over cooked, you may be right. I personally cook all the pasta myself. My wife and I took three days off and it is entirely possible that I need to re-teach our workers. If you skim through our reviews, we rarely get food complaints. I would wait a little while and check us out again in the future. Every restaurant can have a bad day, I would be willing to bet you wouldn't have the same experience twice.
Thanks again, these really do help!