“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Browerville
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel staff is great. From making the reservation to check in and then ofcoarse the easy checkout. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is willing to help you in any way possible from recommending a place to eat near by to getting you extra towels when you need them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank robertwM25FI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We usually have a good experience with La Quinta, but not this time. This hotel does not meet the same quality standards that I am used to with LQ stays all over the Midwest.

For some reason the blankets and sheets are different then other hotels.. more like the cheap Hotel 6 style. Others I have stayed at had really nice blankets and sheets.. and those were really thin and cheap.. definitely not up to the same standard. Rooms were not very clean, and the hallways and elevator had an older odor to them, but the rooms did not.

We arrived around supper, and the only person on staff was not very helpful, sitting behind the small wall on a computer all evening, not paying attention to his job. We requested a cab to be called... and after waiting 45 min.. asking if it was called we finally left in the car. This really has more to do with the staff than the hotel itself but I will never be back to this hotel again.

Due to this experience I will have to question my stays going forward.. will definitely go check out the rooms before I stay at another one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn Park hotels

Columbia Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We usually have a good experience with La Quinta, but not this time. We redeemed our points for the room but the front desk clerk wanted an additional payment. He was not courteous and required that I actually find my reservation on the computer in the lobby. Eventually he let us check in without extra payment. After that delay, we were given a small room that had a shower that would just not heat up. When we tried the hot tub, it was not barely warmer than the air temperature. We expected more from La Quinta, but were sorely disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have always had good luck at this La Quinta. The dog potty area is a nice sized open area to the back of the hotel. My only complaint is that there are no easily accessible restaurants nearby. Next time I will probably order pizza and avoid the zoo off the next exit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

When we got to our room it had a strange odor.The bathroom in our room was severely outdated and poorly kept up. Rather then having a regular bathroom door it had a pocket door that you had to fight with in order to have privacy. The tiles in the bathroom were coming up and missing in places. A L-bracket was screwed onto the shower door to hold it in place. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone nor would my husband and I visit this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Tracy H
Minocqua, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

What's not to like? Great motel at a bargain rate-clean & comfortable rooms (with fridge, microwave, hair dryer, high speed internet, ironing board & iron, TV), friendly & helpful staff, pool, hot tub, exercise room, free breakfast. There was even an old-fashioned popcorn popper in the lobby and freshly baked cookies at the front desk! I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

chicago, IL
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed just one night at the La Quinta Inn Brooklyn Park while returning from St. Cloud, MN. The location off the freeway was great. The hotel itself was an a-typical LQ property. Check-in service was good. My room was clean and comfortable, however the bathroom set up was not. I found the external sink area to be a complete disruption with the toilet/shower in a "unit". Reminded me of a Sleep-In hotel I stayed in Arlington TX. Wouldn't stay there again because I expected a better room from LQ.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!