“Clean hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We checked in mid night ,they are really helpful, Staff was friendly. Great customer service. Love to go back again. we missed the breakfast timing. Their manager stop by and they provided us the breakfast , which shows great customer service. We will definitely recommend to our family and friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minerva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was visiting the Maple Grove area in this NW suburb of Minneapolis and stayed here for two nights in May. This was my fourth hotel in two weeks and was the least expensive. However, it was the one I liked the best. The staff was very nice and quickly took care of my change in plans when I had to shorten my stay. The room was good sized, clean and comfortable. There was free wi-fi that worked just fine. The breakfast was nice with plenty of seating area. Although they did let it get low on food the first morning I was there. The very best part was the low price of $57.60 (before taxes)! Now that is a real deal and is a big help in putting it into the "excellent" category in my book. The location may not be the best if you want to be within walking distance of restaurants and retail stores. For that you will want to go a little more than a mile west on rte. 694 (exit 28, Hemlock Lane) to Maple Grove. MG has a very nice and very large shopping area with more restaurants and retail stores than you can count.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The La Quinta is conveniently-located off the interstate yet we really didn't hear any interstate noise. The lobby and breakfast area are modern and clean. Breakfast included hard-boiled eggs; "scrambled egg" patties, biscuits and gravy in the heating pan; make-your-own waffles; and the usual doughnuts and cereals and toast, etc. There seemed to be plenty available.

Our king room had a refrigerator and microwave. While the rug looked a bit used and I spread a towel over the armchair before allowing anybody to sit in it (it just looked grungy, possibly a natural look for the tweedy-polyester upholstery), the heating and cooling worked well and the room was well-lit. The bed was a bit odd -- it almost felt like the mattress was made of coils of some sort. It was pretty firm. Lots of pillows.

We traveled with two 50-lb dogs and found room access to be convenient. There was a designated "exercise" area with bag dispenser; unfortunately, it was obvious from the area around the doors and even around the (well-stocked) bag dispenser that people weren't bothering with bags. BAD DOG OWNERS! SHAME! The area was very sandy and there were sand burrs, so check feet carefully after walking. There is other grassy area around the property to walk, although (as is usual in Minnesota) there is plenty of water nearby and so geese -- and goose droppings -- are plentiful.

It's hard to give a fair review of our stay, though, simply because of the noise. At least one children's baseball or softball teams -- I'd guess 5-6th grade or so -- were staying at the hotel and they pounded up and down the hallway, both on the first floor where we were and the 2nd floor, which was also very audible, as well as the stairway (several rooms away from us!), until 1:30 in the morning. Then there were doors slamming and loud hallway conversation at 3:30. The dogs were amazingly good, but I think if you wake any dog out of a sound sleep by slamming doors around, you're going to get a bark or two. The dogs, however, were able to go right back to sleep, while I wasn't so fortunate.

Supposedly, the pool area closes at 10:00 -- I'm not sure why these kids were still up and running around so late. I expect this is one of the hazards of an affordable motel like this one, but I would definitely pay more to stay on a wing that was off-limits to kids. A "quiet" policy might also be a good idea.

Room Tip: Ask for somewhere away from the kids!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I hadn't stayed at a L.Q. hotel for several years and was pleasantly surprised. After all, finding a place to stay where *everything* is just right for your needs, doesn't happen so very often.

LOCATION: situated in an office park area, which means it is really quiet and relaxing; yet easy on/off I-94. Definitely a better choice than the somewhat chaotic hotel area in nearby Brooklyn Center. No restaurants close-by, but within an easy drive just up Boone Rd and a right turn on Brooklyn Ave. In a few minutes you can get to a shopping center with a Cub Foods supermarket, a Target store with an extensive food section, several restaurants, or to a Super-Walmart. In less than five minutes on I-94 you get to the shopping areas of Maple Grove, where you will find a branch of virtually every nationally known chain store of any category, be it apparel, books, shoes, electronics..And more restaurants you could visit in a lifetime.

ROOMS: very comfortable, good mattress. Two cabinets, one for your clothes, another one with the refrigerator (has a freezer compartment) and the microwave inside. The purpose of this is presumably to create a nice living-room atmosphere rather than just a hotel room - although I personally prefer to ventilate the clothes I have worn all day on open racks rather than stifling them in a wardrobe. Likewise, the microwave being hidden inside the cabinet makes it somewhat difficult to read the various settings for lack of light. But both micro and fridge worked fine.

BATH: There is no bath tub, but a nice shower with a semicircular extension to the customary square cell, so this gives you plenty of space.

A/C: reasonable noise level. The rooms seem to be well insulated, as I didn't have to turn the A/C- heat on at all, even with only 32°F and snow outside ( yes, in May...)

BREAKFAST: finally a breakfast area with enough space and tables adequate to the number of guests - no need to fight for a seat. Good choice, TWO wafflemakers helped to avoid long lines; hot biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereals etc. Nice choice.

STAFF: friendly; would wave to me when I walked in or out

ACCESS: adequate parking space. A roof covered area in front of the lobby, so you can unload your bags sheltered rather than lugging them from your parking space through the rain. Likewise helpful: entrance doors open automatically.

TV: large flatscreen TV with lots of channels; having a list of them on a card in the room would have been useful, though.

OTHER EXTRAS: free daily regional newspaper; free highspeed Wifi internet access, worked just fine. Free coffee any time of day.

ROOM RATE: much lower than comparable accommodation in the area. Great value for your money.

If I come again to the MSP area, I needn't look any further: the La Quinta Brooklyn Park will be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Neenah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This La Quinta appears a bit older, and doesn't seem to have been remodeled, but that being said, it was still a good value for the money I paid. The pool room was a bit dark and seemed old, and I was a bit surprised that there was only a shower, and not a full bath tub in the room, but neither of these things were deal-breakers, and the free wifi and breakfast were great. =)

I used to stay at Motel 6s until I had an incident at one, so I guess I'm now in love with La Quinta after my latest trip. Motel 6 doesn't even offer an alarm clock in their rooms, and you have to pay for internet access.. there's no breakfast provided either! La Quinta, on the other hand, offers all of those things, which is super!

Our room appeared to be clean, as evidenced by the fact that my dogs weren't trying to eat crumbs or fuzzies off the floor.

The fact that they allow my dogs is super, as my dogs are a part of the family, and regularly go on our trips with us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!