“Great palce with a Very Friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Great palce with a Very Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Free cookies upon check in....got love that and also a free newspaper. My family stayed here while in town visiting.The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Good location, very near the many dining options of Maple Grove. Pool and hot tub were a little cool, but do-able. The breakfast was more than the standard continental, but only from 6-9, so no sleeping in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jillyj69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked a night at the La Quinta Inn & Suites just based on it being a cheaper hotel with a pool. I wanted my kids to be able to swim and just enjoy a night away. We checked in right at 3:00, were in the pool by 3:30, and figuring out what else we were going to do for the night by 4:00. The pool was far too cold to swim in even for kids. I thought the hot tub might feel nice too but cooler than a bath. Ended up just leaving the hotel for the night and finding other things to do before returning to sleep. Waste of money for what we wanted. We checked in with three people on the reservation but was still given a room with one bed too.
Other than that, not much for amenities but clean and courteous.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our hotel stay was great. I originally booked this hotel because they accept dogs (we didn't bring our pup this time). The hotel is convenient to fabulous shopping, movie theaters, and restaurants in Maple Grove and not far from the Schwan's Super Rink in Blaine. The staff were very friendly and the complimentary breakfast has many healthy choices to please all appetites. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went to Minneapolis for an event that held across the street from this hotel. My room was clean, quiet and very nice. I paid half the price of the hotel acorss the street and enjoyed a free breakfast. It was a great deal for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Nice place. Needs a little decor updating. Not happy that the pool closes at 10pm. I had children that went to bed and my niece and I wanted to enjoy the hot tub at 10:30pm and asked the older lady at the desk if we could use it and she was "oh no! It's after 10" seriously? What happened to customer service? I understand if we were young and roudy but we are not.
I'm a manager of a hotel myself and our pool closes at 11 but if guest are behaved we still let them in. Might be something to consider.

• Stayed October 2012
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

After our inital stay here earlier in 2012, we stayed again due to the close proximity of the family event. I was very surprised and pleased with the ease of the check in and how friendly the staff was. The problems that we had during our inital stay have been resolved. IT appeared to be much cleaner and they are in the process of expanding the breakfast area. I am glad that we decided to stay here again, because I was very pleased with this stay. The pool area was much cleaner, the breakfast choices were improved. I am not going to hesitate in staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cameron, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I booked online using my Visa debit card. When checking in is when I was told that they require a $100 security deposit. I stay in hotels on a regular basis and I have never had to do this. I didn't stay. This is something that someone should not have to find out when they are checking in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!