“Baker's Square for Lunch”

Baker's Square Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #20 of 56 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was surprised that my 25-y/o daughter wanted to stop at this restaurant for lunch after shopping for her wedding cake. This place is located in my teenage stomping grounds. Talk about a blast from the past for me. The neighborhood has changed but Baker's Square has changed for the better. The food was fabulous, fresh and high quality. The three of us had sandwich and salad or french fries and pie. The adult grilled cheese is what a grilled cheese sandwich should be; my albacore tuna melt was perfect in flavor and size. Service staff were sincere and friendly. Our server was busy so food service was slower than wanted and she forgot our coffee. Overall our visit for lunch was pleasant.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The place used to look like a place for just old people and there are alot of old people there but now it looks like an Apple Bee's.
So nice in there now!
AND I go all the time for the pot pie!!! I have all my friends go there with me!
I could eat that every day!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I went to this restaurant the other day as I hadn't been in a Baker's square for years. I was so delighted with the atmosphere, service, and excellent food that I will be making a habit of going there now. My server was so accommodating and helpful! I had one of their salads and everything was so fresh! I will definitely recommend it to all my friends. I also appreciated how clean everything was. My server said they were just recently remodeled. Love the pie too!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This restaurant, for people that don’t live in this area, is like Friendly’s Restaurant (with their fondness of wood paneling and separate sweets section, although for pies rather than ice cream) and Denny’s (with standard diner food and usually pretty good service) combined.

The result was a more than adequate mozzarella and basil sandwich with a side salad, followed up by a slice of very good French apple pie (the advertisement stated, 'Say "Oui" to French Apple Pie!' and I did). The service was excellent, with a friendly and attentive waitress. We couldn’t have asked for more: coming into the restaurant, we expected diner food, good service, and great pie, and we were definitely not disappointed.

Just a note – they serve free pie on Wednesday!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The waitress was THE BEST! She was prompt, courteous, and very attentive. The Manager also stopped by to be sure everything was perfect, and he was also very corteous and professional. Everyone's food was fresh and pleasantly displayed. It tasted great also! This place deserves everyone's business. It's hard to find such concerted efforts being put forth these days. This is a really good place worthy of consideration, at a good price.