“Good food and great outdoor patio”
Review of Roasted Pear

Roasted Pear
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Roasted Pear has great variety of food selections and the Sunday brunch is very good and well priced. Outdoor patio is very large and has a nice urban setting.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited on Friday, April 12, 2014 at noon. My fist impression, as an adult male, was that I was a distinct minority based on gender. The place looks like a ladies' lunch destination.

The menu is a two-sided plastic covered listing. I thought the signature Roasted Pear Wrap looked good...but...I didn't want the walnuts in the wrap. The server told me "no way", the wraps are pre-made so any addition or subtraction was impossible. Really? They pre-make these and then grill them when ordered. A real restaurant would accommodate any diner and be willing to make a fresh wrap; not this place! Lousy customer service...

So I ordered the Roasted Pear Spinach Salad with chicken. My wife ordered a platter of two cheeseburger sliders with fries. The service was so slow and the place was not near full capacity. A couple seated next to us, came in later than us, were served their food before us and they also had cooked items. Poor kitchen control and our server did not acknowledge or apologize for the slow service.

There was a generous amount of spinach. The small slices of roasted pear were a nice sweet taste. The red peppers on top were not mentioned in the menu description, but should be for those who want to avoid the peppers. The gorgonzola cheese was non-existent. The pecans were so small and few that I thought they looked like bacon bits. The chicken breast was terrible - it was so over cooked and so dry that I had to keep drinking to provide enough moisture in my mouth to swallow the chicken. It was warm, but I fear that this, too, was pre-cooked and then reheated. The balsamic vinaigrette was a positive note for this otherwise poor execution of a salad dish.

My wife's two cheeseburger sliders tasted just like the frozen microwavable Ball Park grilled burgers with regard to texture and seasoning. The fries were just ok.

As for costs: for two soft drinks, the salad with chicken and the small slider burgers was $28.38 after tax and before any tip.

We won't be back for a variety of reasons: pre-made food, slow service, poor quality of the food.

4  Thank Steve0315
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The menu offered some different choices that you don't see everyday. The service was really good. We got appetizers, main courses and dessert. All of the food was great. The spinach dip was especially good. Everyone loved what they ordered. We went there for my birthday and they offer a complimentary sundae which is always nice.

1  Thank Megan M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love the menu choices and the service is good. I've tried several dishes and they've all been good. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place is a great stop for happy hour, a nice dinner, or to meet up with friends. I have yet to try anything there I did not like. You get a lot of food for the price. I usually need a to go box.

Their happy hour specials are amazing with apps on a deal and very reasonably priced drinks. I think on Tuesday they have a free taco bar duirng happy hour as well and then sliders I think on Wednesdays.

1  Thank Amanda W