“Upscale Dining in Brooklyn Park”
Review of Roasted Pear

Roasted Pear
Ranked #13 of 55 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Upscale Dining in Brooklyn Park”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I visited the Roasted Pear in Brooklyn Park, MN last night for the first time. This location has been the home of 2-3 different restaurants over the past few years. For some reason, nothing stays in that location very long.

The restaurant looks nearly identical inside to the former restaurant, Morgans, which I also enjoyed. I ordered a wonderful raspberry lemonade, made fresh in the bar. It wasn't cheap, but it also didn't disappoint. However, the beer selection is average at best, which is why I opted for the lemonade this time.

The menu is not large by any means, but covers all the basic food groups. I ordered the french dip and my wife ordered the homemade mac and cheese with ham. Both were very good. My wife loved the wild rice and ham soup that came with her meal. Be sure to try it!

We had a $5 off our $25+ tab coupon, making our total bill about $30 with tip. Not bad for a slightly upscale restaurant.

I would certainly recommend trying the Roasted Pear if you're in the mood for something new. It's not fancy, but it also won't break the bank. The service was great as well, which is always appreciated.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jason P

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Great Brunch!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoy going to the Roasted Pear for their brunch. The host is friendly and attentive and gets us a great table every time. Food is wonderful = quality smoked salmon, homemade soups, breakfast items, unbelievable Asian green beans and tasty homemade desserts. A great value for the money. Again, service from the minute we walk in the door and are greeted is very very good.

2 Thank Kathy S
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Three times and out”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

After two visits early after their opening in which the kitchen service was exceeding slow and food over cooked, we decided to give it a try again last night. We arrived early at 5:30 and got the last open table. Our server was prompt and explained the special and took our drink orders. The drinks arrived promptly and he took our order for a rack of ribs and cedar plank salmon that came with salads. I also ordered their fabulous tomato basil soup that I asked to come first. The soup along with the salads came together later than we expected. I was half done with the soup, had not started my salad and my wife was half done with her salad when our entrees were delivered. We indicated that we just got our starters and were not ready for the entrees. They took them back and brought them back out after we were done. The salmon came very hot and dried out, and the ribs were burnt black and very dry. We will never go back again. I don't understand how this place can be so busy and our three experiences so bad. There are much better places to dine out in Brooklyn Park.

2 Thank FrequentDiner_13
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“First time was so good, planning to go back soon”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Years ago I had been to The Roasted Pear in Burnsville, and could only recall that it was good. When I heard they had opened a restaurant in Brooklyn Park I was excited to go..but forgot all about it until one night my husband said he "craved" a Rueben sandwich, and the search began to find a place close by- Ah, Ha..I remember- Let's go to the new Roasted Pear. He had his delicious Rueben and I had the signature Roasted Pear spinach salad with chicken. It was very good and large enough for two people to share. We cannot wait to go back and try another one of their dinners as the menu offered a nice variety. Friday night was a bit loud as there was a musician playing ( which we could do without). We will go back on aother night.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The baked brie is a must!!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friend and I decided to go try Roasted Pear on a Monday night on a whim and were very pleasantly surprised!! Ordered the baked brie and it was wonderful! I had the walleye sandwich and he ordered the reuben. The walleye was not fishy at all, very crispy and the portion was huge! My friend had the reuben and was very pleased. Our waitress was very pleasant and did not rush us to order. The atmosphere was very comfortable and did not have to holler to hear each other. We will definitely go back and I highly recommend that you order the baked brie!