“Great tasting food, simple menu, cozy atmosphere”
Review of Roasted Pear

Roasted Pear
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

First, they have a simple menu. Very refreshing from the never-ending menu's at most restaurants today. One member of our party ordered the triple slider burger appetizer, me and my mom ordered the RP Wrap. The wrap was superb! Filled with some chicken but mostly vegetables and grilled in a tomato tortilla, with a side of field green w/baslamic dressing. I highly recommend it! Dad's sliders looked great, one each of chicken, beef and pulled pork. He said they were very good and just enough for a light dinner.
Atmosphere is good, but we were there early (5:00pm) so I have no opinion on later times, and it was a Friday. Cozy booths with high backs for privacy. Menu items seem typical until you read what is in them. Very reasonable prices and a great staff. I would NOT say this is a place for small children! I highly recommend!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went to the Roasted Pear this evening for my birthday and the advertised grand opening week. I had also just read about the Burnsville Roasted Pear in the Twin Cities 2012 Food Find magazine.

My assessment is that the menu was simple and had the typical and some interesting entrees and appetizers. The wine list was short but okay. We ordered the seared wasibi ahi tuna appetizer, the shrimp pasta scampi and the cedar plank salmon entrees. The ahi tuna appetizer was good but we were disappointed that there was no extra wasabi served on the side. The salmon was good and attractively presented with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus spears. It didn't take long for my husband to eat it all. He also enjoyed the basil tomato soup. My shrimp scampi pasta came with a good portion of large shrimp and artichoke hearts but I think the chef either forgot or was very light on the garlic wine sauce. When I asked the waitress about it she quicky checked with the chef and brought me more sauce which improved the pasta significanly. It was served very hot. Even with the extra sauce, I would have liked more garlic. I think shrimp scampi should have a definite garlic flavor.

I would return again. The next time I will order the grilled portobello sandwich and the roasted pear wings. The desert menu was also tempting as was the shaken martini menu. My husband thought the pork chop looked interesting.