“Wonderful food, friendly service!”
Review of Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We live close to Sweet Basil and go there frequently because the food is always fresh and delicious. Our favorites (served family style), Beef Pad Thai, Egg Rolls and Cream Cheese Rolls... yum!! The staff here is always friendly. One example is on recent visit last week, we were served the wrong dish (it belonged to the table next to us) and they immediately took care of the order and brought fresh out for all parties involved in just a few minutes. I have also had their food catered at meetings and it is a huge hit then as well.

My only complaint is that service speediness is hit or miss... sometimes we wait fairly long for our food, other times, like our most recent visit, we were seated, ordered our food and had it served to our table in 10 minutes.

1  Thank amy1510

Reviewed September 29, 2012

A strip mall location makes for a not fabulous atmosphere. The place was just redecorated, but could use a thorough cleaning saw cob webs/spider webs in the corners. Owner is pleasant with a good sense of humor and his young daughter was helping to serve which was cute. Food was very good, tried the cream cheese puffs which were different then most places. More cream cheese then usual in a log shape with a light pastry rolled around and deep fried. The chicken in peanut sauce was a good flavor, mild in spice. The tropical fried rice was a generous portion and not as flavorfull as it could be, suggest they add some cilantro to make it better. Prices are reasonable. Definitely would go back if I find myself in this neighborhood.

1  Thank PlanetR
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I love any Asian food and while at the bank we noticed this one in the strip mall. We stopped in and it was so pleasant, clean, smelled wonderful, and decorated very nicely. I ordered egg rolls and a ginger shrimp stir fry, it was FABULOUS, my husband ordered Chicken LoMein and it was fabulous as well. Great service and good prices for the amount of food. We will be going back for sure.

1  Thank anna2490
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and 2 boys (9 7 15) had dinner here last weekend. We went fairly early (5:15) because we needed to squeeze in a meal between 2 ball games.

There was one other couple dining when we arrived. We were promptly greeted and sat at a nice table in the brightly lighted restaurant.

We started with a couple of appetizers to share… We had one order of fried pot stickers and one order of spring rolls. The pop stickers were very ordinary. My older son orders them all the time and commented on how they seemed pre-packaged (like the kind I often buy frozen). The spring rolls, however, were freshly made and delicious. Each contained a large shrimp and a piece of roast pork and served with a side of peanut dipping sauce. It was very good.

For entrees, we ordered chicken lo mein, beef and potatoes and a noodle bowl (mi wanton). Both entrees were shared between my wife and 2 boys and they all had plenty. Both dishes were nicely prepared and presented. They finshed them off and were full.

The noodle bowl I ordered was fantastic. There was lots of noodles, chicken pieces, large wantons and vegetables. Served on the side was a lime wedge and sprouts. I really enjoyed it and will go back soon for the same thing.

All in all, a very nice meal. Our bill was in the $50.00 range.

1  Thank Coach_Lange
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Always have enjoyed there food, i would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank TLD2006