“Great Place to "just hang out"!”

Mad Jacks Sports Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Great Place to "just hang out"!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great place to sit out on the deck in th summer! Also it is like 2 places in one with the bar and resturant seperated. When you are done eating and want to go to a bar, all ou have to do is take a few steps and you are in a great bar!!

I can spend the whole evenig here and just "hang out" with friends.
They also have a great party room that looks like a cabin

It also has a great menu!!!
I live close and I go to it a lot!!

• Visited January 2013

Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good for everyone”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The bar and restaurant is separated nicely with a larg stone fireplace so if your there with the family you don't have to worry being in a 'bar'. For those of you who want the bar part, their drink prices are very reasonable, especially compared to Jimmy's over the bridge, the have lots of T.V.s and the food was very good, i recommend the steak and Gouda pasta or the salmon entree. Overall a really good place.

• Visited December 2012
Spooner, Wisconsin
“Gluten Free Dream”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been here a couple of times due to the enormous gluten free menu! You miss pastas, wraps, calamari, tater tots, pizza, etc. This is the place to go. Although i frequent the Vadnais Heights location. The service is sometimes a little ridiculous. Last time i was there they allowed non working staff to hang out get drunk and talk vulgarlly over everyone else in the area. They were treated like kings from the management and that left us more than upset. It was terrible, but being celiac and not having lots of options i will go back. The food is good

Medicine Hat, Canada
“Fun every night hang out!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Super good atmosphere, live patio band was awesome and indoors was good for the A/C if you don't like being outside ! Service was friendly and quick, definitely going back when I'm bak down !

Minneapolis area
“The wings were great, but the salads weren't so great.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We ate at Mad Jack's last night. This included my 14 yr old son, my husband & myself. We don't have a lot of restaurants to choose from in Brooklyn Park, but this has always been a favorite of ours.
They have small TV's in most booths & my teenager & I love to tune into something while we are there. But last night they didn't have any of those booths available, unfortunately.
My son ordered the wings appetizer, which was on special due to a football game being televised. He had the dry rub preparation and it was wonderful. Our server said this method of prep was her favorite, so we went with that and we were happy that we did.
My son & I decided to split the fettuccine alfredo. We both liked it, as we often do.
I ordered a sided salad to go with my half of the meal and I was sorely disappointed. When it arrived it had a few mixed greens with large chunks of iceberg lettuce. There was one slice of cucumber and one slice of tomato. The eye appeal was awful and the taste was also awful. I felt like I was being punished with such a boring and lacking side salad. I mentioned this to the waitress and she brought out a wonderful variety of shredded carrots & red cabbage (which I thought should have been in the original salad to give it some appeal), chopped green onions and red onion slices. This made the side salad wonderful. Our waitress was very helpful and punctual.
My husband ordered the Greek salad and liked what was in it and how it looked, but he said it was very salty. Of course the olives and feta cheese would add some salt, but the dressing was overly salty, unfortunately.
We both would have liked some bread or cracker choices with our salad.
We asked our waitress about the sparseness of the salad and her comment was cute "I guess that's all you get for a $2.00 salad."
We will return again, but we sure hope they start paying a little more attention to their salads.

• Visited January 2012