“Great location and hospitality!”

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We booked several rooms here for a long weekend family reunion in mid-July. I can't say enough about the quality of the rooms and friendliness of the staff. We were coming and going at all hours and never had any issues with our multiple requests. The restaurant was a little short handed on Saturday morning, but the two ladies on duty really hustled and got everyone taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. We'll continue to stay here on future trips to the Twin Cities.

Room Tip: I like higher floors in atrium hotels as it keeps the lobby hubbub to a minimum.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here in July a couple times, and it is a good full service Marriott. One of the things I like about all rooms being suites is having a refrigerator, so I am not forced to eat out all the time. There is plenty of room to spread out. The Concierge Lounge is good, providing a selection of breakfast items to fit anyone's taste. The only downside is the proximity to 694, which on my last stay was noticeable.

Room Tip: Higher floor will lower the impact of highway noise otherwise ask for rooms that don't end in -0...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The room was was average. It is an old Embassy Suites. The bathroom layout was a bit odd. I love the Marriott beds so I try to stay at Marriott. I found out on the last day that they had a shuttle, my bad for not asking. If in the area again, I might consider another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheryl D
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Cheryl D

Thank you for staying with us and pointing out our shuttle service which is available 7 days a week. I'm sorry the bathroom configuration did not meet you satisfaction. While the hotel has never been an Embassy Suites it is an all-suite hotel which many of guests find spacious providing an excellent value. All of our freshly renovated suites have a separate living area and bedroom separated by the bathroom. With a pullout sofa in the living area the suite can become 2 separate sleeping areas with a door in between for privacy. I was pleased to hear you at least enjoyed the bed!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Overall the staff was very efficient and friendly to work with from beginning to end. Facility was clean and well maintained and fit our needs perfectly. We did have one issue with tables not being cleared from the dance floor before the dance began but did not cause a problem. Event manager was very organized and did everything possible to make this event run smoothly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel was very clean and had very nice staff. I can compare the property to an Embassy Suites hotel as far as the room set up with a separate living room with a bathroom in the middle and a separate bedroom. The beds were comfortable and the HVAC system was up to par. If you are not one for A/C they did have a window that opened enough to get some fresh outside air. There was a female front desk employee, not too bad on the eyes I might add, I believe her name was Shay, she was very professional and accommodating to our request and inquiries to the area. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from downtown Minneapolis and 30 minutes from the Albertville outlet mall. I would stay at this hotel again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear DeltaShuttle192

Thank you for staying with us and your kind review, Your insights as a senior contributor provide the perspective of a seasoned traveler and we are grateful for the time you took to incorporate so many details about the property. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Minneapolis.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife & I just recently stayed at the Brooklyn Park Marriott, and boy are we glad we did!!! Outstanding Staff, very clean, terrific breakfast & great location. I visited the area for my nephews High School graduation. I told everyone who would listen, if they relatives coming into town then The Marriott is the place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I loved this hotel. Its an old Embassy suites with the double layout rooms, a bedroom on one side and a living room on the other with a pull out sofa. As a kid we used to rent these rooms and sleep 6, sometimes 8.... Lol. But I was down for a hockey tournament and our team booked here. The staff at the front desk are very helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bed had 4 pillows on each bed with comfortable linens. Lots of towels and great water pressure in the shower. There is a bar fridge for your convenience and a tv in the living room and bedroom. The separation of living room and bedroom makes the living room a great meeting place for your friends, so your friends dont have to see your underwear on the floor. lol.

I was disappointed in the room service on Saturday, the housekeeping came to my door around 1030 and we were still in the room, I asked her to come back at 2 (our next hockey game) but she never came back.

The food in the restaurant was very good. We had ceasar salad, the soup, and the pizza. All were above average for quality, and above average for price. Great service.

There was a complimentary breakfast each morning in the meeting room, not like the old days at Embassy Suites that for sure, massive breakfast with Chefs cooking and the happy hour. But the typical eggs, sausage fruit etc. No complaints except for the blonde elderly lady asking for breakfast tickets, she was a bit on the tough side for people who forgot their tickets. One guy who forgot his tickets and is on our team just wanted to get a coffee and she shooed him away. He was pretty pissed, as anyone would be. For gods sake, coffee is not that expensive. And she should realize she is in the service industry.

The pool and workout rooms were very clean.

I loved the atmosphere, you could look over the balcony and enjoy the action....

Room Tip: Higher floors add to better views
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear TAdvisorBuff,

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and our restaurant. The hotel was never an Embassy Suites although it was designed with the same atrium and all suite concept. We look forward to Thunder Bay's next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!