“Great place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
“Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding. Suite was great. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We had a few minor problem (smelly room and then broken safe) but they were happy to move us to a new room and comp'd us for two free breakfast buffets. The breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING!

Beds were comfortable, lobby was attractive. Would def stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob S, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Deb B,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. While I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, I apologize the first room was neither up to your expectations or our standards. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast buffet and our beds. We receive many great comments on both of these features in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I visited MN for a family visit/graduation. I chose this hotel based upon location, the walk in shower, and my in-laws weren't staying there. They stayed in another Marriott property about a mile up the road.

I really like the looks of an atrium style hotel, but I always for get how loud it can be. While the atrium did get loud (some pee-wee hockey tournament or something), it wasn't a problem in the suite. From the atrium, you enter into the “living room” of the suite. The bedroom has a door you can close and block out what little noise filters into the living room.

Our flight got in much earlier than the standard check-in time of 3:00 PM. The person at the front desk and was very helpful, and got us into our room before 11:00 AM. He made some comment about being able to get us in that early because it was an accessible suite. I don't know if that is a loophole in their system or not, but I was happy to be able to drop off our bags and freshen up before meeting up with the extended family.

The hotel says that the common area wi-fi is free, but the wired internet in the room has a charge. I feel this charge is bogus, but I didn't have to worry about it as we had wi-fi reception in the room. We were near the opposite end from reception, so I would surmise most of the rooms would get reception.

The hotel was quite clean, and parking is very convenient. I also found the hotel to feel quite safe, as there is really nothing else in walking distance (no other reason for hoodlums to hang out near the hotel). The hotel couldn't be more convenient to the highway, as one of the entrance ramps is directly across the driveway from the hotel.

The hotel has an indoor pool, which I would say is almost necessary in MN. I personally don't like indoor pools, as these rooms are just too damp and has a constant chlorine odor to them. This was no different. But..., it is there if you want it.

The room was a little older than I thought it would be. It wasn't in need of a renovation, but I could tell one hadn't been done for a while, either. Others say it has been remodeled, but I didn't get that feeling.

Oh..., don't bother trying to call the hotel for a lower rate. It's corporately owned, and you don't get to speak to anyone that can give you a better deal than what you can find on the internet. If you happen to be driving by and looking for a place to stay, you might be able to negotiate, but I doubt it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Snoweman,

Thank you for staying at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate all the detail in your posting. I would like to clarify a few of your facts if I may:

· Regarding the physical condition of the rooms our hotel opened as a Marriott in July of 2012 after an extensive $24 million dollar renovation. The design is similar to other Marriott’s opened or renovated in the last few years so the look may be familiar to you from other hotels you have visited.

· I’m glad we were able to accommodate your early check in request. The availability of an “accessible” room is nothing more than the fact that are equipped to accommodate a person in a wheelchair and guests not requiring such an option tend to prefer rooms not equipped in this manner due to the bathroom aesthetics. In view of this fact these rooms can be available earlier due to lower occupancy demand.

· The hotel is actually not owned by Marriott Corporation. Regardless of that fact the best rate offers are always available on the Marriott.com website. We don’t negotiate rates over the phones that aren’t available on the website as most guests tend to research rates online.

· Our internet access is complimentary in the great room or atrium area and available for a fee in your suite regardless how you access it. We do offer a weekend rate that includes internet access in your suite.

· The hotel is located in a business park 3 miles form the Arbor Lakes Mall and thus you are correct in that we don’t have "hoodlums" hanging out near the hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us!
Bowling Green, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel to right on target with Marriott's high standards and would definitely stay there again. The only disappointment I had was that they put us in a room in which they view was completely blocked by the roof to the check -in parking overhang. Generally , as platinum level Marriott guests we are better accommodated when possible (the hotel did not appear to be remotely full when we were there).

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Deb B,

Thank you for taking time to share comments regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. While I’m glad you enjoyed your visit I apologize the room view was not to your satisfaction. We will make a note of this in your profile and would further encourage you to bring to our attention anything (no matter how small) we can do to make your visit more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Everything at this property is brand new, the staff is nice, and the all suite layout provides a real home like comfort for longer stays. I really enjoyed my stay recent stay, and I will be back. The only meal I had at the hotel was breakfast, but the selection of the buffet was excellent.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share such wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. We take pride in providing the finest service and it’s gratifying when we are complimented by you our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back!
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here on points, but on the Concierge Level because we are Gold Marriott members. That said, I sincerely believe that our experiences would not have been altered had we been travelers in no way connected to Marriott by rewards.
The people, ALL the people in the hotel were super nice and accommodating. The restaurant had great meals in the facility and via Room Service.
Be aware, this hotel isn't in down town. But if you have a rental, like I imagine most people would, you are going to be just fine.

Room Tip: Bring swim trunks. Probably my only regret is not utilizing the hotel pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear TheRealTravelerBill,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. We take pride in providing the finest service and it’s gratifying when we are complimented by you our guest who have ranked us number 1 out of all full service Marriotts for our service. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Northwest Marriott for two nights in August . The hotel has been completely redecorated and is beautiful. Our room faced the parking lot and was very quiet. The room had everything we needed and was very pleasing to the eye as well as comfortable. The staff that we encountered at the front desk and in the restaurant knew how to make the customer welcome and went the extra mile to ensure our comfort and satisfaction. Our rate included a breakfast and we are so happy we opted for this because it greatly added to the enjoyment of our stay. If in this area again we wouldn't even consider another hotel. Congratulations to all who have made this a top notch Marriott.

Room Tip: High floor and one facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Pesto13maz,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a best kept secret. The five rating reflects satisfaction about the price and hotel quality. The hotel is an all-suite property. I stayed here for less than $100 (corporate rate) which for a suite is a fantastic deal. Marriott acquired this hotel that was previously the Northland Inn. The Northland was known for its great food and Marriott seems to have retained the kitchen staff/chef. The result - fantastic food. The location is good, right off of I94. But is a bit out of the way if you are planning to go downtown (about 10 minutes) or the airport (about 30 minutes).

Because of the distance from Minneapolis and the airport a rental car is a must if you want to visit key sites. However, a suburb nearby, Maple Grove, offers shopping, PF Changs, California Kitchen, and other familiar restaurants. The hotel is located in a business park area so don't plan on being in walking distance to restaurants or shopping. Staff was friendly and professional offering a greeting that made us feel welcome. Plenty of free parking which is an advantage over downtown hotels.

Good for business or family travel. Excellent choice if you are attending meetings at the Earl Brown Center. The pool and other common areas are well done and provide a nice experience for families. While the pool is a standard hotel style pool as opposed to a waterpark style which are common with newer hotels in the areas, the hotel is still provides a better overall experience. Having a "living room" area separate from the bedroom allows parents to relax while kids enjoy TV or other activities. Highly recommended for families traveling to the Twin Cities to visit family for the holidays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear lxchel M,

Thank you for taking time to share so many details about the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. I’m pleased you found our hotel fits your likes and needs. Please note the hotel actually has 50,000 sqft of meeting space and has a first class ratings from meeting planners and attendees.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!