“Loved it!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
Denver, Colorado
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We were impressed by the level of service provided. Everyone from the front desk, cleaning staff and the bartender in the lounge made our trip feel as comfortable as if we has stayed at home.The rooms are beautiful, spacious and well-equipped. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying Minneapolis.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Lana C

Glad you “loved it!” Our guests rate us in the top 10 of all full service Marriott Hotels consistently for our service, cleanliness and full suite accommodations. Thank you for your posting and willingness to recommend us to other Trip Advisor Members.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Rio Verde, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel staff were excellent; however, accomodations were only so-so. Room and lobby had musty odor. Shower had no full door or curtain, so was a bit chilly and couldn't keep water from splashing onto bathroom floor. Although my room faced freeway, the room was very quiet. No stairwell accesses the lobby or conference room level (at least that we could find). You can get out onto the street via stairs. No in-room microwave. Conference room was nice. Very nice business center, made it easy to check-in on flight and get boarding passes.

If you don't rent a car, take super-shuttle or similar transport. Taxi fare is between $80 and $90 prior to tip from MSP to this Marriott. Super-Shuttle less than $30.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Sherry,

Thank you for visiting the Marriott Northwest and for your review. I'm glad you enjoy our staff and the room. I apologize if you felt there was musty smell in the hotel during your stay. I have not heard previous comments about an odor and since the hotel is newly renovated I'm uncertain as to where such a smell would come from. I hope this would not deter you from visiting us again as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bob Schrader
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a very nice property in all respects. My room was a large, clean suite-room with a very comfortable king bed. The restaurant has an excellent menu (with a walleye sandwich option for lunch; and who can resist walleye?) and a nice coffee bar for lighter fare. There is a spacious lobby for visiting with friends and lots of meeting rooms. The fitness center is excellent -- the treadmills were all in god working order! There are also plenty of shopping and dining options with in a ten minute drive of the hotel. For planning purposes, it is about 30 minutes from the Minneapolis-St.Paul Airport if there are no traffic delays.

Room Tip: My room faced a busy, nearby throughway. Traffic noise in the early morning mildly noticeable. But...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just wrapped up a meeting with our Board of Directors for our Home Care Division. What a great experience!! In particular I have to mention Taylor and Jenna who are the Conference Concierges (they call them Red Coats). Every detail was attended to and all of attendees raved about the service and the newly remodeled facilities. While it may not be the most inexpensive place to have a meeting, if you want the details right, this is the place!! Great job Marriott Brooklyn Park!!

Room Tip: Conference package with all you need for your meeting is a great value
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lovely hotel to stay at. The staff is friendly. However, if YOU are the person paying to use a conference room, be prepared to pay higher than normal fees. $15 for an easel. $13 to use the internet. $15 for a flip chart. High banquet tax even if you are not served food. God forbid if you ask for water.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MarriottNorthwestGM, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Liz,
Thank you for your recent posting. While I am pleased you found the accommodation excellent and our staff friendly, I apologize you feel our prices for meeting room equipment is higher than you are accustom to paying. Please rest assured we regularly review our pricing to insure it is in line with other full service hotels in this area. Our goal is always to provide the highest quality in equipment and services. If in anyway we did not live up to your expectation I would be happy to discuss it with personally and take the necessary action. Please contact me directly at 763.536.8300.

Bob Schrader
Orange City, Iowa
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here in the beginning of April 2013 for a hockey tournament. The hotel is lovely, the staff friendly and helpful, beds are comfortable. Our only complaint would be that a door between the bedroom and bathroom area would be helfpul.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest for two nights while my husband attended a conference at the hotel. Everything was very nice and the previous reviews are right on. If you're looking for business hotel with lots of nearby shopping, you won't be disappointed. It's a wonderful place to stay!

I would like to add, after arriving home I realized I had left some clothes in the room. I called the hotel twice to see if they had been turned in to lost and found; they transferred me to a recording in the housekeeping department. I left detailed information in regard to our dates of stay, contact info and items left at the hotel. They did not return my call. When I called the third time I talked with someone at the front desk (I wish I could remember his name) and explained my situation, he put me on hold and tracked down the items I had left behind immediately. The staff was incredible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!