Overall, the best work related hotel stay I have ever experienced. This Marriott was formerly the Northland Inn and the hotel has been completely renovated from top to bottom before it joined the Marriott family of hotels. I stayed here for the first time with a group of coworkers last week. We were in Minneapolis for a week of meetings and we will be back for many more over the rest of the year and we will be staying at this hotel on our return visits. I am a Marriott Platinum member so I am somewhat of an expert on Marriott hotels and this one ranks up in my top 3 favorites. The hotel was incredibly clean, the room was great and the bed and pillows were so cozy and comfortable. When you are away from home as much as I am, it is important to be as comfortable as possible and I definitely felt that way at this Marriott. The rooms are huge and everything in them is brand spanking new. They just sparkle the way only brand new rooms can. Every room is a suite with separate living and bedroom areas, which is a total bonus compared to most Marriotts which are normally just a single room. It was really nice to have that extra space. The staff was the best part of my stay, though. Everyone in my group commented about how friendly and genuinely helpful the employees were. Every need we had was taken care of the whole week with a smile. The staff actually sought us out to see if they could do anything for us and looked for opportunities to "surprise and delight" us throughout the week. They happily accommodated us with their complimentary shuttle to and from our office/training location and local restaurants/shopping throughout the week. The hotel bar/restaurant (as well as the rest of the hotel) has been totally renovated too. What a great place the restaurant was, a cool atmosphere with excellent food and wicked good and unique drinks. Not your average hotel restaurant by any means...much more like the kind of restaurant you actually would go to because you wanted to go and not because it was the only option you had, which is the case with so many hotel restaurants. The fitness center deserves super special accolades as well, it is spectacular in comparison to other hotel fitness centers with 30+ treadmills, ellipticals, weight stations, pool, etc. It was a real wow and if you work out, you will love it. The aerobic equipment is all brand new and each machine has it's own TV built into it so you aren't sharing a TV with everyone else working out. The hotel was pretty full when we were there and there was never a time that myself or my group had to wait for any equipment since the fitness center is so ginormous and well outfitted. REALLY loved that fitness center! Kudos to the hotel for investing in this often overlooked amenity. Awesome concierge room on the top floor of the hotel with a really nice breakfast. I was upgraded but if I hadn't been, it would have been worth paying the fee to upgrade for the breakfast alone. The concierge room also serves evening apps and cocktails/wine/beer. I ordered room service once and it was a really great room service experience. These folks have found a way to make room service an actual experience instead of a transaction. Overall, a top-notch experience and one I look forward to having again soon. I'm a huge fan and have no reservations recommending the new Minneapolis Marriott NW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover something wonderfully new at the recently renovated, all-suite, Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. Guests are greeted at our hotel in Brooklyn, Park Minnesota with a magnificent Marriott International Great Room that facilitates working, dining and socializing with contemporary and refreshing interiors featuring natural stonework and a signature fireplace. The 230 sophisticated yet functional guest suites offer travelers a retreat from a busy day. Escape to Wadsworth for signature cocktails and regionally inspired cuisine prepared from the freshest ingredients. Enjoy lively conversation with friends and colleagues in our spacious Great Room serving local brews and featured wines or order chef-crafted food from our 5, 10, 20 menu. Inspired meeting and event spaces await at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. The 50,000 square feet conference facility is ideal for business or social events, with our staff at hand to assist you from the detailed planning, throughout the entire process of your event, to the final farewell. We look forward to your stay at our hotel, which is perfectly located near Mall of America, National Sports Center and Target Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Minneapolis Marriott Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Northland Hotel Brooklyn Park
- Northland Hotel Brooklyn Park
- Northland Inn