Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
$92
Priceline
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskthe wi finon smokinghot itemswould stay againhot breakfastcomfortable bedsminneapolis
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn (1600 James Circle North, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States 55430) the night of July 24 to July 25. We had booked online through CAA / AAA the day before. The area is not what I would call tourist-friendly, or so it seemed at nightfall when we got back from downtown Minneapolis - which, though beautiful, was totally deserted and eerie looking around 7- 8pm - and looked for some fast food place for a quick supper. There are a couple of other hotels / motels in the area, but no plazas, stores, or fast food options around. We noticed one diner/restaurant close to another hotel, but did not try it. We ended up buying sandwiches at the gas station nearby...
Otherwise, the hotel itself was clean, so were the room and the bathroom. They served a hot breakfast with quite a few choices. Despite the very good rate, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stay in Comfort Inns or other brands of Choice Hotels all the time, and I have never had an experience like this.

I dye my hair and when I took a shower that morning I dried my hair with a hand towel, got dressed and left.

I find a charge in my credit card of $90.11, after 5 emails directly to the hotel and numerous emails to Choice Hotels, customer service, I finally get an answer from the hotel manager claiming I stained 2 towels and 1 complete set of sheets. I have sent an addtl 3 emails telling them that I used 1 hand towel to dry my hair, got dressed and left and they won't acknowledge my emails.

Has anyone ever heard of such a proposterous thing? For $90.11 they can buy towels for the entire hotel.

If you don't want to find any crazy charges in your credit card DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JEANNIEFERIA
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed here before long time ago because the price was legit yet my experinece with the staff was not so pleasant. I must say a lot has changed recenlty and my stay this time was much better than the previous one. Price is even better and the staff was friendly. The new management was extremely helpful. Would keep staying here whenever visit Mankato

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

hot tub down for maintaince, according to the front desk clerk it is every Sunday, maybe that should let be known on there website? And second website says ALL ROOMS HAVE A 50"PLASMA? Where's the plasma?? Room has a 90's tube tv and let alone a 50"....

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at this location while in the Twin cities for a medical appointment. It was comfortable and the room was clean. I was afraid we would get stuck in the elevator because of the noises it made. The elevator carpet is way past need for replacement. The breakfast was very good but the tv in the breakfast room was not working and the staff member seemed clueless on how to fix it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family