Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center
Moline, Illinois
“Stay elsewhere”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Upon arrival there was a nice unpleasant odor in the hallways and in the lobby. The room could have been cleaned much better. The top of the fridge had a lot of dust on it. The bedside table was very sticky. The dishes in the cupboard had dried food stuck to them. Even the drinking glasses looked questionable to drink out of. The bed coverings had stains and burn holes in them.

My advice --Stay at the Country Inn and Suites (they are about the price for a one nite stay.) The TV's need updated but the place is very clean. and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The level of cleanliness in your room that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeeping team to ensure our guest rooms are being cleaned according to our company's high standards.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mklawitter@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Guest service was a poor experience I've ever had throughout all of the hotels I've stayed in. I made a reservation there and they said that my reservation had been cancel. How do a reservation been cancelled if I didn't even cancelled it? He didn't even say sorry or offer me a room either; until one of the employees told him about one of the rooms. On another note; I shall say that they need to hire better people to take care of the rooms. The cleaning ladies their doesn't do a good job and the bedroom had a odor smell. Recommendation, don't stay there unless you don't mind the smell of odor and the bed looks like its not made.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the canceled reservation and overall room condition is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will research how your reservation was canceled and ensure my team is properly trained on how to handle such situations in the future. I will also work with my housekeeping team to ensure the cleanliness of our rooms is a top priority.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at mbc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 29, 2013

1)When I entered the room for the first time,I see hair everwhere.Hair in Bathroom,near sink,on the towels and in the kitchen.
I'm really frustrated with the hair all over the area.
2)The exhaust fan in bathroom is making hell lot of noice.I have to switch off the light in the bathroom ,opened the door and have to use the light in the kitchen for the bathroom.
3)One of the big burner on the stove is not working.I complained but no body fixed it.
4)The utensils are not at all cleaned.I had to clean all the plates,cups before using it.
5) The fan on the stove didn't work.I had to switch off and on several times for it to work.
6)The micro oven is dirty.Its not cleaned.
7)The holder on the bathroom door is loose.It comes out often when I tried to open the bathroom door.
I didn't move out of the hotel as I'm need of kitchen and this is one of the hotel near to my office with offerdable rates.
What really frustrating is at the reception,the person who was about to give the room keys to him,said that he has to check the room once.He went back and came in and said everything is good.I don't know what he checked.
I earlier stayed in many Extended hotels and the experience was wonderful in the stay in those hotels.So far my stay at Brooklyn center is the worst.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed to provide you with a clean room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally ensuring our staff is properly trained on room inspections. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at eleal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I very much like staying at the Extended Stay in Brooklyn Center, Mn. The staff there are so welcoming, friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a nice size, with a kitchen, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, pots, pans, silverware, dishes, cups and a stove. They have free internet, free parking and a new feature of breakfast. I stay here as often as I can when I get time off.

Room Tip: I am a smoker, so it is important to me to have a smoking room. Some of the rooms on the third floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to complete a review about our location in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. I’m happy to hear our staff here was so welcoming. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
iowa city iowa
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The people who work at this hotel are conscientious and helpful. I am use to more updated Extended Stays and non smoking hotels. The policy of combining smoking and non- smoking doesn't work. You'll have no problem staying here if you are not bothered by tobacco smoke. If you have any respiratory health issues, like I do, Then book with a non- smoking establishment.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hello, my name is Floyd Ross i had a wonderful experence just checking in to this hotel. Upon arriving to the hotel i notice a few good changes since i last stayed here. I travel to MN frequently and often stay at this hotel. The uprades the signang and lobby were very welcoming as well as the the guy at the front desk (Myrick). He welcomed my to the new way to stay at the new extended stay america. He was very friendly and accommodating for the serivces i needed. He got my in to a room right away and told me of all the new amenities that are offered. I appreciate the qualit of service he offered to me. With staff like that this hotel will go a long way. Thanks Myrick keep up the good work. I would suggest a raise for him...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that Myrick was able to make your stay so enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Brooklyn Center, MN and our experience was excellent! It was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends, family & strangers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tadaci J
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property in Brooklyn Center, MN. I'm glad that our staff was so welcoming to you and your family. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center? Share your experiences!