“Think before staying in this hotel”

Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center
Reviewed March 29, 2013

1)When I entered the room for the first time,I see hair everwhere.Hair in Bathroom,near sink,on the towels and in the kitchen.
I'm really frustrated with the hair all over the area.
2)The exhaust fan in bathroom is making hell lot of noice.I have to switch off the light in the bathroom ,opened the door and have to use the light in the kitchen for the bathroom.
3)One of the big burner on the stove is not working.I complained but no body fixed it.
4)The utensils are not at all cleaned.I had to clean all the plates,cups before using it.
5) The fan on the stove didn't work.I had to switch off and on several times for it to work.
6)The micro oven is dirty.Its not cleaned.
7)The holder on the bathroom door is loose.It comes out often when I tried to open the bathroom door.
I didn't move out of the hotel as I'm need of kitchen and this is one of the hotel near to my office with offerdable rates.
What really frustrating is at the reception,the person who was about to give the room keys to him,said that he has to check the room once.He went back and came in and said everything is good.I don't know what he checked.
I earlier stayed in many Extended hotels and the experience was wonderful in the stay in those hotels.So far my stay at Brooklyn center is the worst.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed to provide you with a clean room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally ensuring our staff is properly trained on room inspections. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at eleal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I very much like staying at the Extended Stay in Brooklyn Center, Mn. The staff there are so welcoming, friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a nice size, with a kitchen, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, pots, pans, silverware, dishes, cups and a stove. They have free internet, free parking and a new feature of breakfast. I stay here as often as I can when I get time off.

Room Tip: I am a smoker, so it is important to me to have a smoking room. Some of the rooms on the third floor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to complete a review about our location in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. I’m happy to hear our staff here was so welcoming. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The people who work at this hotel are conscientious and helpful. I am use to more updated Extended Stays and non smoking hotels. The policy of combining smoking and non- smoking doesn't work. You'll have no problem staying here if you are not bothered by tobacco smoke. If you have any respiratory health issues, like I do, Then book with a non- smoking establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hello, my name is Floyd Ross i had a wonderful experence just checking in to this hotel. Upon arriving to the hotel i notice a few good changes since i last stayed here. I travel to MN frequently and often stay at this hotel. The uprades the signang and lobby were very welcoming as well as the the guy at the front desk (Myrick). He welcomed my to the new way to stay at the new extended stay america. He was very friendly and accommodating for the serivces i needed. He got my in to a room right away and told me of all the new amenities that are offered. I appreciate the qualit of service he offered to me. With staff like that this hotel will go a long way. Thanks Myrick keep up the good work. I would suggest a raise for him...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that Myrick was able to make your stay so enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Brooklyn Center, MN and our experience was excellent! It was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends, family & strangers!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tadaci J
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property in Brooklyn Center, MN. I'm glad that our staff was so welcoming to you and your family. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm temporarily working in the Minneapolis area for the second time this year. Both times I stayed at the Extended Stay in Brooklyn Center. The rates are better than for a simple motel room but you've got many of the amenities of home. A small kitchenette area with a full refrigerator means you're not forced to go out every meal. The rooms are bright, clean and comfortable. Last summer when I was here they replaced all the TVs with brand new flat screens. I've compared my room with my co-workers who are staying other places. Bottom line, they're paying about the same but for a room that is "cheap" in every bad sense of the word. The staff here is courteous and professional. Due to the hours I work most of my interface is with the night desk manager, Myrick. he's been great in helping me when needed. The guy just seems to be cheerful and helpful no matter what I need him to do for me. If you decide to stay there, tell him I said "Hi."

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Myrick Johnson is great! He is incredibly helpful and so super nice! I stay in a lot of hotels and this one is well worth the stay due to him. He is friendly and answers all our questions. Everyone at the hotel is very nice and helpful, but Myrick goes out of his way to make your stay as pleasant as possible.-CC

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Iwona C
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that your stay with us was great. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#5 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
Norwood Inn Minneapolis Brooklyn Center
Norwood Inn Minneapolis Brooklyn...
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center? Share your experiences!