“This is great comfort food!!!”
Review of 50's Grill

50's Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I checked Tripadvisor for a good spot in Brooklyn Center as we were there for the evening. The place is great, attentive waitresses in poodle skirts, private booths and real comfort food. I was going to fast the next day for medical tests so I went big and chose the turkey dinner, ti was great, close to what Grandma made. My wife had the Chicken Pot Pie and really enjoyed it.
The deserts were very tempting, but we held off.

1  Thank PamandDon

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were very pleased with the food and service at the 50's Grill in Brooklyn Center. I had a wonderful meatloaf with potatoes and gravy, just like home. The bakery is impressive and the pie was delicious. The beer selection was adequate and we both had a wonderful time enjoying our dinner.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

No one can beat these at the 50's Grill. I have to say that the service is a little slower that when we first started going to the restaurant, but not so bad that we will quit going. We usually aren't in a hurry. Shakes are good, too. Would recommend it to anyone. Like the 50's decorating and music also. We try to go there every 2 weeks or so.
Joanne B

Reviewed July 26, 2013

While the full parking lot leads you to believe that the food is the best things since slice bread...its not while the food was not bad the service was probably some of the worst I have had..... according the server the reason why it took 45 min to get our food and water was because a new chef was being trained....We waited with four kids under 8 they were upset we wont be going back...

1  Thank vchristian
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited here for the fist time this afternoon. The atmosphere is very 50's and the music suits the theme. Kelly was a great server.The servers all wear poodle skirts and look the theme. I ordered the chicken pot pie on the recommendation my husband's cousin. It was very delicious, but the portion was VERY small for what you pay ($9.95). It came with a large individual fresh baked french bread, which was very good. Hubby ordered the BLT with crinkle cut fries. ($6.50) The sandwich was huge, loaded with bacon and on a multi grain, hearty bread. It came with a big order of crinkle cut fries that were just perfect, crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth inside. Both were really, really good and a bargain for the price.For dessert, I tried to order a piece of coconut cream pie, and when told that was out, a piece of coconut cake. Even though it was still fairly early, they were out of both, and the display at the register was bare, too. I don't know if they just didn't get their baking done that day or not, but I skipped dessert. Hubby got a cookies and cream waffle cone. ($2.95). The cone was stuffed full, and was good, not great, but good. The ice cream was just ok, the quantity was a LOT. Overall, we would return. Hubby loved the BLT and next time I may try the hamburgers. The ones brought to the table next to us looked very good.

3  Thank flowerladytoo