“very welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
Aitkin, Minnesota
“very welcoming”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My other half and i recently stayed here and were very impressed with some things and not so impressed with a few others. We are from the northern part of minnesota so we were not familiar with the layout of the parking lot and it was a little hard to navigate. it would have been nice if the parking lot was cleaned out a little better as we got momentarily stuck wen we went to leave. But as we entered the hotel we were delighted with how beautiful the lobby was. the fountain and layout of the front desks is great. the 3 podiums really make you feel more personal wen checking in and Sherman was an amazing help to us and we really enjoyed visiting with him throughout the night. he made sure to inform us of everything happening. he is a great part of your team. your bartender Mark was also great. we dont drink much as we rarely get out with out our children and as soon as we told mark this he explained how everything worked and suggested a sex on the beach for me and i have to say it was the best ive ever had . he was informative, welcoming, and even made jokes with is because my other half looks so much older then me.( hes going bald so thats a running joke with both of us) even though we rarely drink we enjoyed your bar. the room was beautiful ( i inspect hotel rooms for a living, and it passed my test) everything looked crisp and new, but the couch had a small hole in the arm. we were going to leave a comment card to make sure u were aware of the hole in the couch but found none in the room. we were more impressed with the night crew instead of the morning crew though. at about 8 or so in the morning the room attendant opened our door. i barely even heard her knock once and she never anounced herself, and again at about 9:20 so opened our door again. she lightly knocked once and both me and my other half tried to answer but she opened the door again. i was very dissapointed with this. also wen we went down stairs to check out we had to wait a good 10 min at the front desk before someone showed up. other then the few bad things this hotel was amazing. and we will deff stay again sometime.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Josh C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis-North. We know you have many places to choose from and are thrilled that you decided to stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of the housekeepers attempting to clean your room so early. That is definitely not our standard and i will follow up with the department manager regarding this. I am so happy that we passed your room inspection and met your standards! That means a lot coming from someone whose job is inspecting rooms. We are very happy to have both Mark and Sherman on our team and feel they do a great job also! i will be sure to pass on your comments to them! If you are ever in our area again I hope that we are on your short list of places to stay! Thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Well, on my first return trip, it was as if I never left the property. It's been a year since I stayed here and one of the best Bellman I have ever had the pleasure to meet, Edward simply displayed the attitude of the entire hotel staff.
Edward basically shared a warm and genuine impression of what is a standard, which really makes me want to tell as many people, check this place out! The restaurant, whether it is breakfast or dinner, displays 1st class service as well.
So, if it's cold or hot, do yourself a grand favor and let this property be your choice of hotels.

Best move you will make for the remainder of 2013.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Josh C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review! We all appreciate when our hard work is recognized. We strive very hard to ensure that all of our guest receive the best service available. Edward does an amazing job for us and really enjoys being a bellman and making a connection with our guest! I am also happy to hear the food you enjoyed at the 6300 Steakhouse was up to your standards. We are in the process of creating a new menu that I hope you will be able to come back and enjoy! I will be sure to share this review with him and the rest of the team! Thanks again for staying at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis-North. We hope that on your next trip we are one of your choices!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2013

As a connoisseur of the fine drink known as a Bloody Mary, I was shockingly surprised at the quality of ingredients and construction of this drink at the Embassy Suites bar. The 5 star bartender known only as Mark expertly crafted this brew seemingly out of thin air. A quick trip to the kitchen for horseradish and celery seeds made it simple, but fabulous, and before I knew what had happened, I was already sipping one of the best drinks this tongue has ever tasted. His charming personality only aided in the most pleasurable experience I've had at a hotel bar.

1 Thank Carib0uCr0ssing
Thank you so much for the great review. Mark takes a lot of pride in making sure his guest enjoy their experience at our bar. We all appreciate his efforts and it is wonderful to see our feelings expressed on Trip Advisor by one of our guest. Thank you and I hope the next time you are in the area we are one of your choices for lodging, or are able to stop in for another Bloody Marry!
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I always stay here - we get a great corporate rate.

Rooms are really really nice. Fitness center is OK, staff is frienly and go out of their way to help you (they mailed a few things for me, and let me have a really late checkout).

Great lounge.bar area - fun to hang out it.

Breakfast is pretty good - nothing special.

Fitness center - better than most nowadays but again, nothing special

If you want to be close to downtown, this isnt the place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Josh C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. I am glad that our rooms met your standards and I hope that the fitness center allowed you to get a decent workout in. We are a few miles from the city center, but hopefully you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to get you to downtown or to the Maple Grove area. Again, thank you for the review and I hope we continue to be your choice when you travel this area; we look forward to your stay!
Tower, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is definitely one of our favorite hotels and the best Embassy we've stayed at. The location, the amenities and the staff are all top rate. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful, with a nice variety of selections. The omelet chef is efficient and friendly. The evening reception is great and the bartender is awesome! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel! Our team takes a lot of pride in trying to be the best. I am glad that we were able to meet your standards. We continue to try to improve our breakfast selections for our guest, happy that you were satisfied with our choices. I know you have many choices when traveling; I hope that we are one of them the next time you are in our area! Thank you again for the great review!
Richmond, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Embassy Suites is by far one of the best hotels in the area. They have an excellent cooked to order breakfast and the staff is super friendly. I highly recommend this hotel to all business travelers and family alike.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Josh C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Wow, thank you for the great review of our hotel! We strive very hard to be the best hotel that we can be and it is great that we were able to meet your expectations! I will be sure to share this review with the team as I am sure they will be extremely happy to hear it! I hope the next time you are in our area, we are one of your choices to stay!
minneapolis, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is the place guys!!!! super nice super clean super reasonable in price.....Food was outstanding the bar area was nice prices was cheap.The G.M. was there every afternoon talking to the guest making sure this was up to par. rooms was up to date clean bathrooms was spotless . Dont waste your time looking other places this is it...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! To be rated by you as the one of the "best places in twin cities" means a lot to our team! I am also happy that our rooms were up to your standards and that we were able to eat at the 6300 Steakhouse! I will be sure to share this wonderful review with our team! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we are on your list in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North? Share your experiences!