“Over-the-Top Customer service!”

Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 10, 2014

A group of colleagues of mine flew in from different states to attend a high-profile client meeting. We were greeted by Maria R., who was not only was the consummate professional, she was bright, cheerful and helpful.
While preparing for the meeting, we noticed a shortage of key presentation material and were worried about how to resolve the issue since the meeting was a few hours away.
I went down and asked Maria if the hotel had a "Business Office" or some kind of on-site copy/print capacity. She informed that the property did not have "Business Office" support and that the printer was down.
She noticed the panic my face and offered to DRIVE to the nearest FedEx Office and manage the project (printing and binding) for me.
30 minutes later she arrived back at the hotel with the presentation material completed and ready for our meeting.
The meeting was a success and Maria was the HERO for the day. Her "above and beyond" help will never be forgotten and truly saved the day. Because of HER I will return to the hotel every time I am in town. Thank you Maria, you are an exceptional employee and we are deeply appreciative of your commitment and dedication.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Barb C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments and feedback about our hotel and staff, namely Maria. We strive to offer every guest superior customer service and I am extremely happy to read your positive comments.

Again, we appreciate your review and will be sure to let Maria know what a great job she did!

We hope to see you back here soon,
Barb Crushshon
Best Western Plus Minneapolis North-West
Phone: 763-566-7500 Extension 7019

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Good: The people at this property are really nice, caring, and courteous folks who seem to want to do a great job. Their attitude seems to be one of creating a great experience for their customers. The front desk staff want to do their best to be helpful - that is clear. The water pressure and availability of hot water is EXCELLENT! The Bad: The property itself, albeit "newly renovated" still has a ways to go. There's a lot of old technology and furnishings that new paint, carpet, and vanities won't cover up. The AC unit in my room had a faulty thermostat which the front desk staff came and looked at, and agreed it was not working properly. It was tolerable during early evening but it got quite hot in the room overnight, leading to poor rest and uncomfortable wake-up. The maintenance person apparently came to the room and claimed to the desk staff that it was working properly but again - they even agreed it was not. There were stains (blood and otherwise) on some of the linens, bedspread and throw pillows on the 2nd bed in my room but the bed in which I slept appeared relatively fresh and clean. The computer in the lobby for guest use had no connection to any network, much less the Internet during our entire stay. The front desk allowed us to use their computers to print boarding passes, etc. - see "The Good" above(!) Interestingly, I was never offered a room swap even though the property seemed to be at relatively low capacity. I also did not ask for one, mostly out of curiosity to see if it would be offered. There was no real 'sitting area' or 'work area' in my room other than a straight-backed chair squeezed into a dark corner next to the TV/Fridge stand. It was quite uncomfortable to sit and attempt to work with my laptop in this area but I suppose it was better than sitting on the bed... sort of. I hate sitting and working/eating on a bed as it is murder on my back and neck. The squeeze chair was my only other option. The Ugly: Breakfast; if you want to call it that. The check-in person really sold us on the "Full Hot Breakfast" that is available. Well... the eggs are powdered and tasteless; the sausage is made from something I can only describe as plastic and tastes like a worn out tennis shoe sole (inner & outer combined.) I could not finish the one link I had. The waffle batter seems to be made from rubber and the end result after cooking it in the (filthy handled) cooker confirms it is rubber in both texture and taste. The waffle maker did not want to let go of the finished product and once I got it loose, it was all but inedible - which again, I couldn't bear to finish it. There is a Denny's within walking distance. I don't normally recommend Denny's but it has got to be WAY better than eating at this BW. There was also small containers of yogurt, cereal, and some fruit available which I did not have time to see if they were a better cold alternative. If you plan to eat there, I recommend going with the fruit only. I did not get any coffee but another person in my party said that is was terrible. This is an area that has significant opportunity for improvement at this property. Overall, based on my stay, I cannot recommend the property, especially for ~$100/night at a discounted rate. While the staff are EXTREMELY nice and want to be helpful, the answer our entire group of around 10 people got most often from them was "I don't know" to any questions or issues they had. Your alternatives are a Super-8 across the street and something called "Boulevard Hotel" very nearby. This being my first ever time in Blaine, I can't speak to any comparison against those properties.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank chuck h
Barb C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all of the comments you wrote and want you to know we are working with our staff and training them for excellence.

We hope you will come back to see us in the future!

Barb Crushshon, Director of Sales & Marketing
Best Western Plus, Minneapolis North-West
763-566-7500

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Erick greeted my reservation call with enthusiasm and efficiency. Maria gave me a nice greeting and got me checked out quickly. Jean is also a great front desk person. And I'm going to miss San-Dee on the night shift. Suki runs a good breakfast and keeps everything sparkling. They all work hard to make my visit wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Barb C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. They work very hard and truly understand the meaning of teamwork and superior guest satisfaction!
We hope that you will come back to see us in the very near future!
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at Best Western over Memorial day weekend. A very pleasant experience. Huge rooms, comfortable beds and nice shower. They also have a pool. MOA is within minutes. The hotel staff was very courteous. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone especially families.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your great comments on our hotel and staff. The beds are very comfortable aren't they! We appreciate your recommendations to families. We strive to offer the best guest service by being kind and courteous to all of our guests.
We hope you will come back to see us soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Let me start by saying what a great service we have received. I went to my family, weekends are always busy in Minneapolis. They Did not have any room for Saturday as we were going from Friday to Sunday. But Gary made sure that with first room opening he accommodated us. He not only called us back, but also email us the confirmation for our stay. Rooms were newly renovated, pool was large, breakfast was huge and location is right off the exit. This is truly a hidden gem I would recommend anybody going close to downtown Minneapolis to book this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for presidential suite you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus – Minneapolis Northwest, and for completing the survey of when you were our guest. It is only with this feedback, both positive, and negative, that we're able to improve.
We certainly look forward to the possibility of your staying with us again. So, by all means, please do let us know if there’s ever anything we can do for you. Our main telephone number is 763-566-7500, or feel free to e-mail us at 24140@hotel.bestwestern.com.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Staff was nice, and this hotel has smoking rooms and it didn't smell like smoke in the room or in hallways. Breakfast was wonderful, didn't have to wait in long lines in order to order special items. I never had a problem while staying at them BEST WESTERN PLUS, either in Minnesota or any other state. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kenneth T
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is wonderful and the staff is really nice and accommodating. I am checking back in Sunday for the third week in a row. The rooms are very quiet, nicely decorated and I love the apartment feel of the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley

Been to Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest? Share your experiences!