“great value, friendly staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“great value, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament, clean, friendly staff, who went the extra mile, went out shopping when breakfast items were low in hotel instead of saying they were out of the item! Fresh cookies and coffee 24/7 also on hand, would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on having great customer service, and as you put it "going the extra mile" for our guests. We do what we can to have a great breakfast for our travelers, and we certainly want to make sure our guests are happy. If that means running to the store for more fruit or yogurt, then that is what we will do. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was here on business and have had good success with Country Inns so gave this a shot. This is no exception. First the value was great and the personnel were helpful. The building is one of their older ones in appearance but they take care of it. Some renovations could be in order. Breakfast was adequate and extensive for a hotel breakfast. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you have great loyalty to Country Inns. We pride ourselves on having great customer service and clean rooms. We do what we can to have a great breakfast for our travelers and I am happy to see that you saw it as extensive for a hotel breakfast. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Carlson hotels does a wonderful job of appreciating members. As a Silver member I was greeted by name, welcomed with a goody bag and upgraded to a suite.

The spacious Suite has 2 separate rooms: A living room(with pullout couch) and a bedroom. 2 CRT TVs. A microwave and fridge. Hotel is not classy. Rather it is family oriented, safe, clean and quiet. Lots of nice perks: Free breakfast, nice pool and hot tub, lots of Free parking, Free cookies, fruit and coffee and always Free Wi-Fi.

The problematic night club mentioned in older reviews is closed. Also, this Country Inn is located is a safe part of town. Will be back.

Room Tip: Opt for the Suites, as the hallways tend to get noisy. Also, very poor noise insulation at this hote...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy that you are a Club Carlson member and we do try to recognize all of our members. Thank you also for the comment referencing the closed restaurant next door. We have received word that a new restaurant will be opening in August and we are looking forward to a new flavor next door. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit!

Goodrich, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Have stayed here a lot find it reasonable and clean. Friendly staff easy to work with give good advice for getting around the city. We are Club Carlson members and enjoy the perks of the free upgrades and room discounts. The continental breakfast is very comparable to any other motel free breakfast. The food is hot and room kept clean with good variety. Missed the free Minneapolis Tribune but the free USA paper was ok. Overall had another great experiance and will stay here again whether on business or leisure.

Room Tip: Quite rooms on back side. Suites are spacious and relaxing for business or families. Like sperate b...
1 Thank Jim_Grupp
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. I am so happy to see that you have really enjoyed your time with us, and that you continue returning to stay with us. Also I want to thank you for being a member of Club Carlson. We feel this is a great program with some enticing benefits. Have a great day and we will be happy to see you again in the near future.

Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel didn't quite do it for me. For the most part they do a decent job, but they don't excel at anything. My biggest complaints were the curly black hairs all over the bath room floor & the complimentary "breakfast". Lots of shady repairs & cigarette butts left me feeling like I should have stayed somewhere else.

I front desk clerk was easy to work with and the bed was fairly comfortable.

Room Tip: They try to sell upgrading rooms "with a view" ... but, I can't image what they're...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Drew L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to review our property. I sincerely apologize for any issues with the bathroom floor and I would love to find out more about the complimentary breakfast. We certainly try to make each guest experience a pleasant one and we continually strive to increase our guests satisfaction. I certainly welcome you to contact me so that we can find ways to increase your satisfaction so that you will return to us again in the future. I thank you for taking your time to help us create a more comfortable environment for all our guests.

Iowa
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am going to use the word fantastic throughout this entire review as many times as possible. The employees were fantastic, check in, check out, and everything in between was a breeze. We got a fantastic deal for our second room due to their rewards card and used our points for the first room so we made out fantastically. Our rooms were spacious and clean and we smelled no smoke or other disagreeable odors. I love that they have hot cocoa, coffee, and cookies out all day-it's simply fantastic for the kids! The fitness room was okay...I didn't love the temperature (too hot and the fan wan't that great) or the treadmill. It was dated. The pool area was fantastic and the kids LOVED it. They stayed open late and said the kids can stay in later as long as there weren't adult in there and we did. The pool also opened early in the morning and we had a nice swim after the fantastic breakfast. Juices, milk, cereal, waffles, pastries, breads, breakfast potatoes, sausage, eggs (they were like mini omelets!) We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KatherineNoel
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel and give us a FANTASTIC review. We are glad to see that our hotel has exceeded your expectations. We do everything we can to make sure our guests have a great experience and want to return to stay with us again in the future. I also wanted to thank you for being a Club Carlson member. It really is a great program and you do receive FANTASTIC benefits and I am glad to hear that you capitalized on them. We truly appreciate your recommendation on trip advisor and we look forward to your future visits!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am sitting in my room of this hotel as I type this message and I want to say that this hotel is not 100% non-smoking facility as advertised. The room I am in has obviously been smoked in and when in the hallway one can easily smell that there is active smoking going on in other rooms on this floor.

This does not please me in the slightest and I feel that the property is not worth what I paid now. I don’t like it when a business sells something but turns around and gives you something else, ala a bait and switch.

Even though I stay in a Country Inn in the Cities once week , I will certainly not be visiting this property again.

Room Tip: Don't visit the third floor if you don't like smoking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Heidi O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate the feedback and with it we can continue to improve our product and amenities. We converted to a smoke free hotel several years ago and currently do not allow smoking anywhere in the hotel. If a guest does smoke they will be asked to stop immediately and will be fined $200 for deep cleaning and smoke removal. I understand you were not pleased with your experience and for that I do apologize. I too have an aversion to smoke and would not be happy if I experienced anything less than a clean, fresh room. I know the hotel has already personally reached out to you so I hope you will reconsider trying us again at the Country Inn & Suites Brooklyn Center; we would love to have you.
Best regards,
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center? Share your experiences!