“A Great Hotel at a Great Price”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
Sacramento, California
“A Great Hotel at a Great Price”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

In Minnesota for a short family visit & decided to give this hotel a try. We were quite pleased with our stay! First of all, the people at the front desk were super friendly. When we checked in, they gave us a map & some tips for getting around town. Every time we passed through the lobby, we'd get a wave or a 'hello'. The rooms weren't fancy, but they were clean and they always gave us plenty of extra towels, shampoo, lotion etc. Another thing we liked was the free breakfast every morning. I know alot of people complain about these 'free' breakfasts, but I thought there were plenty of choices for our family and the food was fresh. They had waffles, english muffins, toast, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, pastries, muffins, coffee, and juice. On Sunday morning, they also had eggs, bacon, and potatoes. We probably saved $20-25 per day, not having to buy breakfast for our group. Finally, there was a great bar/restaurant connected to the hotel. We didn't eat there, but we got drinks one night. They were inexpensive, but really good. It was a nice, quiet place to unwind after a long day with family. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Minnesota.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jasper, Indiana
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This was our first stay at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson. It was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The housekeeping still would clean our room, even in the late afternoon, if we had been up late the evening before. They always supplied our room with extra towels and supplies. We did not have to call housekeeping about even one issue. The breakfast room was very pleasant and the food was plentiful for free. Our small dog went with us and we were only charged $25 for our entire 8 day stay instead of a daily fee. We will definitely stay at Country Inn & suites by Carlson the next time we travel.

Room Tip: Book Ahead
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Salem, Missouri
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed here from Wednesday, July 21st 2010 through Saturday, July 24th 2010. The location is very convenient for Interstate access and free on-site parking plentiful. The staff were friendly and courteous. The pool area is quite nice and even has showers. The breakfast was okay, but the breakfast room not quite sufficient for the number of guests and the breakfast room staff of one hopelessly overtaxed. The room was spacious, bright, and clean, and had all the regular amenities at a competitive rate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Valerie L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2015
Dear Friend,

I noticed that your review had not been responded by prior management. I wanted to share with you that your feedback is important to us and I am thrilled to read that your stay was enjoyable! You and other guests' feedback has been heard and I wanted to share with you that we recently have gone through some great changes that I think you will appreciate.

We would love to have you stay with us again when your travels bring you to Minneapolis. As always, we have our delicious cookies and a hot beverage to share.
st paul, mn
Reviewed November 6, 2009

A basic room. Very clean. The traffic noise from the interstate is very noticeable.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Chroy,

I noticed that your review had not been responded by prior management. I wanted to share with you that your feedback is important to us and I am thrilled to read that your accommodations were clean and accommodating! We recently have gone through some great changes that I think you will appreciate. We would love to have you stay with us again when your travels bring you to Minneapolis.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Small touches made this place very enjoyable -- from the cookies at the front desk to the fellow who helped cook waffles at breakfast (and a friendly happy fellow at that). The pool area was warm, which makes that experience a much more positive one and everything was well kept. Would certainly stay there again. When we arrived there was a wedding party at the front desk so I was worried about noise, but I never even heard them :-)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dear Anne,

I noticed that your review had not been responded by prior management. I wanted to share with you that your feedback is important to us and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable starting with a quiet property offering delicious cookies, indoor pool and whirlpool and great staff! We would love to have you stay with us again when your travels bring you to Minneapolis.

Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We visited friends and stayed at the hotel for six days. I had booked a basic room, but after my family of four (myself, husband, daughter (9yoa), son (5yoa) shared one room overnight in Iowa, I was ready for space. The desk person changed our room to a suite with no problem. The hospitality of this hotel is so friendly. The litte touches of cookies and fruits in the lobby are so welcoming. The whole facility was so clean! The breakfast was very simple, but fed my family. We enjoyed the indoor pool. Location was wonderful. I would definately stay here again!

Stayed March 2008
Dear Friend,

I noticed that your review had not been responded by prior management. I wanted to share with you that your feedback is important to us and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable with extra room in a suite! We would love to have you stay with us again when your travels bring you to Minneapolis. We always have a warm beverage and cookies to share!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times for business travel, and I always look forward to my stays here. The hotel is easy to drive to from the airport, although it is about 30 minutes away. You can easilly get to the Mall of America and other great places as well. The suites are terrific, just like most Country Inn's are, and come with a small fridge and microwave. They have an indoor pool and hot tub, which is nice to use during those long Minnesota winters. They have a small, but adequate work out room. There are always great cookies at the front desk, and the staff is always very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is great, and they have those make-yourself waffles that everyone loves. The hotel is attached to TGI Friday's restaurant, and it is very close to the Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, and Denny's.
I always stayed for business, but I would recommend staying here for pleasure if you are visiting the North twin cities area. I don't know how it compares with other hotels in the twin cities, price wise, but it is probably a great deal for what you pay. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Friend,

I noticed that your review had not been responded by prior management. I wanted to share with you that your feedback is important to us and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable from the accommodations to the Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast!

We look forward to your next stay with us. Stop by the front desk to enjoy a cookie or two and a hot beverage on your next trip!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center? Share your experiences!