“NOT MY CHOICE”

Super 8 Brooklyn Center/Mpls
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Brooklyn Center
Reviewed July 27, 2013

As soon as I walked into the hotel I knew that I didn't want to stay here. First of all the tiles were so dirty. I could see that it wasn't very safe. I didn't want my kids walking around the hallways or anywhere in the hotel alone. When we checked into our room (which was a nonsmoking room) the smell of smoke filled the room. We could barely breathe the first thing I did was open the windows. The carpet was filthy gross! When I walked into the hallway and lobby to get some fresh air I noticed that the smell was everywhere. I went in the bathroom to wash my hands I noticed that the sink was flooded and was about to overflow. I told the front desk but they didn't do anything about it. What a bad service. The breakfast was ok. I thought the hotel was average by the pictures but it wasn't even close. NEXT TIME I COME TO MINNESOTA I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL, NEVER!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Alawys ask for a non-smoking room This might not be the best hotel to stay at
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for a week and i found it pretty decent ,rooms are clean and big. service was very good. staff were very friendly , complementory breakfast was good too. easy access to transport and shopping malls .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Checked in for an additional day. When I return to my room my belongings were missing. When I checked at the front desk the told me that I was lying and that I did not check in for another night and that my belongings had been confiscated. I offer proof of payment by credit card and they still did not believe me. After 20 minutes of shuffling through paperwork and my insistence that the clerk was wrong he finally found the proof that I had indeed checked in for another night, he finally gave me back my belongings. Worst of all I never received any kind of apology!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brett H
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Because I made the reservation and did not travel with my wife, they would not give her the room, until I talked to them on the phone. They did not believe she was my wife. I could not travel that day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn Center
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brooklyn Center, MN
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#5 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
Norwood Inn Minneapolis Brooklyn Center
Norwood Inn Minneapolis Brooklyn...
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North

Been to Super 8 Brooklyn Center/Mpls? Share your experiences!