“Excellent venue for our sons Christening”

Quality Hotel Boldon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Boldon
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had the party for our Son's Christening (10/11/13) at this hotel which we all enjoyed immensely.

The food and service provided was excellent.

Our requirements for the day were handled very well by the events team.

The function room was decorated tastefully, and was exactly as we wanted it. The staff on the day were very polite and helpful.

Food was great (a choice of roast beef or salmon, and sticky toffee pud or panacotta for our guests). Also, the kids meals went down a treat.

A number of our christening guests stayed overnight at the hotel too, and they all complimented the rooms (unfortunately I didn't get a chance to have a nosey around :-) ). They also took advantage of the pool facilities.

All in all, very impressed. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael M
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear M_Mckenna76,

Really pleased to hear you enjoyed your Son’s Christening held here at QHB last Sunday. I will pass on your comments to the team – its always nice to receive feedback such as yours!

I hope you will make a point of coming back for a ‘nosey around’ very shortly – one of the Team will always be available to give you the Grand Tour!!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to a wedding at this hotel, and I must say that the quality of food, and the service from the staff was fantastic. I also would like to especially thank Diane for all her help!
I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Many thanks to everyone for making the day run smoothly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mary b

Dear Mary B,

Thanks for the lovely review of your visit to QHB – I will of course pass on your kind words to Diane!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

On arriving on Saturday afternoon for a surpise 40th Birthday weekend, we were greeted with a very warm welcome, our room was lovely with a huge comfy bed! We took advantage of the spa facilities, which was included in the price, and thoroughly enjoyed a pamper in the pool, sauna and steam room. Sharon on reception was extremely helpful, a real credit to the team, she went the extra mile to make our stay very special and we had a thoroughly good night at the ball.
Breakfast was buffet style, which I prefer, and was equally as pleasant and relaxed with a good deal to choose from. We had a wonderfull weekend and look forward to a return trip to Sunderland and to enjoy the hospitality at the Quality Hotel, Bolden.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire197142
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Claire197142,

What a wonderful review of your visit to QHB, I know Sharon and the whole Team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I noted you attended our Halloween Ball, we all did have a fantastic night – albeit full of ghosts, ghouls and goblins!!! I hope you will return next year for our next Broomstick Ball – which is sure to be even better!

On behalf of all the Team, please allow me to wish you a belated Happy 40th Birthday!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I attended a wedding on Saturday and have to comment on how professional, friendly and efficient service was. The food was delicious, especially the sticky toffee pudding.

I booked a room for the evening and was pleased to find a beautifully decorated room with excellent facilities.

Breakfast in the morning was brilliant; we weren't rushed out so had chance to catch up with other guests about the night before. The full English was delicious, just what the doctor called for.

We thought we would use the pool before we left and ended up staying for lunch. It was fairly quiet but plenty of smiles from the staff and food was delivered quickly. The meat was tender and veg cooked to perfection.

Couldn't fault a thing and can't wait to return for afternoon tea - yummy!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1368as-it-is
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear 1368as-it-is,

WOW – what a review – you really have told it ‘as it is’!! It was a delight to have you stay with us this weekend gone and also to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

Please do let us know when you return for afternoon tea as I would love the opportunity to thank you personally for this amazing review!

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

After a morning walking we decided to pop in for Sunday lunch, we hadnt booked but needn't have worried as there were only 3 people in the restaurant (1pm). We ordered and although it was very quiet it took an age for our meal to arrive. When it did arrive the presentation was very poor - no Yorkshire pudding and the veg was simply roast potatoes, carrots broccoli and cauli - it tasted ok but nothing special. We decided on a dessert - sticky toffee pudding which was lovely and chocolate raspberry tart. The very small tart was raspberry-less and sat on a drizzle of cream and for £3 we thought was a total rip off! When asked if we enjoyed our meal we were honest and said the presentation was poor and the chocolate tart dire! When the bill came it was for £1 - they'd only charged us for the 2 soft drinks - which they didn't realise until they said they'd take the dessert off and needed the bill back! Anyway, the staff were lovely and the surroundings are beautiful but maybe the chef was having an off day but we shan't be hurrying back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliedjp

Dear Juliedjp,

I was pleased to read that you thought the hotel and staff were lovely. However was disappointed to hear that your interaction with QHB did not meet your expectations; I can assure you this is not the usual level of service we strive to deliver, however we always welcome any feedback, negative or positive. I would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, rest assured it has been duly noted.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Quality Hotel Boldon and urge you to contact me direct at the hotel.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Decent room,quiet area and comfortable bed. Meal was ok, others in my party had very big servings, my meal (burger) was not great tbh, but ok, I guess, about what you would expect for £10 so no real complaints. Room is fine with a decent shower so again, no complaints.

Think about the Kano model guys, compare yourselves to the competition and develop some 'delighters' :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adamc1969

Dear Adamc1969,

Thanks for the review of your visit to the Quality Hotel Boldon – happy to hear that you found your stay complaint free! Sorry we weren’t able to ‘delight’ you on this occasion, however having read your pointer towards the ‘Kano Model’ the plans are in place to adopt our very own similar in-house model here at QHB – watch this space!

Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This virtually new hotel was a very good place to stay. I did not explore the area but I got the impression it was in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of a new industrial park and close to the motorway system.

The reception staff were friendly and efficient, and my room was large, clean and well-equipped with the right number of easy chairs for the capacity of the room, a rare event. The hotel was very quiet, probably because I was staying on a Sunday night, helped by the fact that my room overlooked the inner garden so there was no traffic noise.

There were a couple of small problems: two lights in the room not working and a very poor mobile phone signal, but this is hardly the hotel's fault.

The restaurant had a decent evening menu although my fish and chips was not the best I have experienced. My cooked breakfast was OK but nothing special. Service was quick and friendly, helped no doubt by the lack of customers.

Despite these minor shortcomings I would willingly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear wakeupjames,

So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to QHB, and thank you for being understanding about the minor issue you encountered in your bedroom.

I hope to see you again very soon!

Regards,

#4 of 6 in Washington
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
#2 of 10 in Sunderland

Been to Quality Hotel Boldon? Share your experiences!