Quality Hotel Boldon
$71
Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
$48
Sir William Fox Hotel(South Shields)
$73
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
$60
$76
  • Pool
Athol House(South Shields)(Great Value!)
$62
Travelocity
Premier Inn Sunderland City Centre(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
$63
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$73
All reviewssunday lunchxmas partyswimming poolsteam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubcoach partybusiness parkafternoon teahuge bedgreat nightcouldn't faultlovely hotelthe ground floorone night stayfull englishpremier inn
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stay from 25th - 27th May
Very disappointed in Hotel no wireless until 28th...
Room large bed comfortable. One of handles to window broken off
Toilet roll holder missing. Kettle broken and shower only part works. Staff friendly. Good location not sure I will stay again whilst in area.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Johnny10harvey
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Johnny10Harvey,

Thank you for your review of the Quality Hotel Boldon, I was pleased to hear you found our team friendly and enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep in one of our king sized beds.
I can only apologise for the issues you encountered that have resulted in the negative comments above. With regard the Wi-Fi; we are currently working hard with BT in order to resolve the issue, unfortunately the blame does lie with BT and our hands are tied until this can be fixed. I can only apologise for the fact your toilet roll holder was missing, also that your kettle and shower were broken.
I can however assure you that we are reaching the final phase of upgrading our bathrooms with only a handful left to refurbish. I do hope you will contact me direct at the hotel and visit us again should you be in the area, at which point I would like to personally make your reservation.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it! I was greeted at check in by the general manager Pablo, who offered to show me around the hotel! Who was very attentive and polite! He had also left a letter in my room welcoming me to the hotel!
Once I had settled in my room (which was lovely, very modern and lovely decor) I made use of the gym facilities and pool, everything was brand new and so clean, really good facilities! I spoke to a young lady just before entering the gym, she was very helpful and offered assistance if I needed it.
The bar and restaurant area was spacious, and the food was amazing!!
I will definitely be using this hotel in the future!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank ash1408
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Ash1408,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on here for us, it was a pleasure to meet you and I really hope to see you again in the very near future!

Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed last night at this hotel and it was clean and modern. The food is better than average. Service was friendly and attentive. I would reccomend this hotel if you are staying in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Mjrwhite
Paolo F, General Manager at Quality Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Mjrwhite,

Short, sharp, and straight to the point! Thank you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past few months, both times for two nights. It is very nicely decorated throughout and the rooms are very nice. The bed is enormous and very comfortable - I had to have two blankets though as the quilt wasn't warm enough for me, and we were lent a fire for the room which made a it difference.

The bathroom is nicely presented and very clean.

The breakfast was slightly disappointing - we were told that it is so quiet on a Monday that breakfast is served rather than being able to help yourself. The portions were rather small, but the food was nice enough and the dining room is very pleasant. I noticed how busy the dining room was as we arrived on the Sunday so I presume the Sunday lunch is very good.

We used the gym which was very well equipped and probably the best hotel gym we have been in. The pool was too cold for me it my husband went in whilst I kept warm in the bubble pool!

The staff at this hotel deserve a special mention, I felt they could not do enough for us and they were friendly and helpful at all times, which was appreciated.

The hotel is near a decent pub serving good food at very good prices and also a Frankie & Benny's, a large Asda and a cinema amongst other shops. It is within easy reach of Newcastle and very well priced - particularly when compared to the prices charged in Newcastle itself.

I would definitely stay here again and am p,eased to highly recommend it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank tateypan

Dear Trolleylumps,

Firstly please allow me to thank you for staying with us over the last few months, and secondly for commending the staff in their service delivery – we truly value each and every guest and will always go that extra mile where possible.

Hope you will return again soon – please do point yourself out as I would love to thank you!

Regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Utterly transformed since the refurbishment, this is a really pleasant and clean hotel with great facilities. There's a good sized bar / restaurant area, not to mention a lovely looking pool and gym (although I didn't use them).

The rooms themselves are well fitted out - nicely furnished, good modern bathroom, decent sized flat screen TVs, teas and coffees, working A/C etc. All in all a cut above your typical budget hotel. Location is convenient too, just off the A19 roundabout.

Having stayed in most of the hotels in Sunderland, I'd say for the price I don't think you can do better.

The only complaint I do have is that the free wifi rarely works. I've stayed here several times and it only worked once. You can see the network and (sometimes) connect to it, but the nasty little yellow exclamation mark never goes away. It's really frustrating, but doesn't merit knocking off a star as at least you're not paying for it. And I've been in so many UK hotels where the wifi doesn't work, I'm beginning to think it's something people just don't care about here.

Room Tip: A noisy hotel at the weekends with a lot of revellers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BigGiantPlanet

Dear Lame Planet,

Delighted to hear that you think you ‘can’t do better’ for a hotel in Sunderland, we do strive to deliver four star service and above to each and every guest. I am sorry you encountered a problem with our WIFI. We are in the process of upgrading our WIFI to Fibre Optic Broadband, this is an area-wide problem and it’s in the hands of BT to push through the upgrade – I am on their case daily for this issue. On the plus side, we do not charge for our WIFI, and will continue to do the same once we upgrade to fibre!

Hope you will return soon!

Warm regards,