Breezy Point Resort
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Pequot Lakes(Pequot Lakes)(Great Value!)
$140
$76
$68
Lost Lake Lodge(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
$200
Whitefish Lodge and Suites(Crosslake)(Great Value!)
$211
$109
Groupon.com
Grand View Lodge(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
$134
Rodeway Inn(Pine River)
$59
RodewayInn
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstime sharedockside restaurantpelican lakefull kitchenliving roomwhite birchhockey tournamentgolf tripgas fireplacegirls weekendpaul bunyanhot tubeagles nestpequot lakeswalleyemarina iigolf courses are
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were up there for a wedding and stayed overnight. Everything was A-1 however, what stood out to me was the fabulous customer service. I lost a pair of glasses and Wayne ran all over the place in search of them. His effort was really appreciated and he did find them which was an added benefit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank DGH-MN
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Traveled with a few friends and stayed in the chalets on the all inclusive deal. The best part of the trip was golfing at Deacons Lodge. If you book the All Inclusive, don't waste your time with the Traditional golf course. Spend the extra 50 and play Deacons. It is a dream. Really enjoyed the Whitebirch course. It is a challenge but when we went in early July, the course was not in the greatest condition. We golfed the Traditional course once and I have to say this is a waste of time. The homeowners along the course took several opportunities to yell profanities at us and accuse us of drinking too much beer. Especially the nice guy on the 16th hole. It really ruined our day. The all inclusive really isn't what we expected. They limit your drinks to 1 at a time and also give you card to limit the amount you eat. Not what we expected in an all inclusive. They even kept asking for our ID at the restaurant and bar. Considering we had to give our drivers licence when we checked in, they still wanted our ID. We had to go back to our room one night so we could prove the guy was 40. And then she apologised for making us have to go back to our room. The conditions of the two golf course was average. The one great thing the resort did for us was have a shuttle ride anywhere we had to go. This was a nice touch and we didn't have to worry about driving. Would I go back? Probably not but I would play at Deacons again. I would like to travel back to this area of Minnesota.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KM65
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Via a time share trade, we spent a week at the Breezy Point Resort. It's a collection of different types of units from hotel style to family-sized cabins, all built at different times and managed by several different companies.
We got a 1 bedroom unit with a full kitchen, unit #15 in the Pelican Pines building. We were across the street from the marina and the golf course. The building housed 3 units, #15 shared a wall with the other upstairs unit, but we didn't hear very much neighbor noise as there was no unit above or below us.
The unit was rustic, Northwoods kitsch with a kitchen and bathroom from the 1970's. The kitchen was fine- equipped with everything we needed, except I would have liked a non-stick frying pan for fish filets and eggs. Everything worked well and we appreciated the stack of coffee filters and extra roll of paper towels.
The bedroom was small with a door to the deck, but no screen and no other window or way to access fresh air. There was a fan in the closet which we used to move air in the bedroom. The full-size mattress was too soft for us, but that's a person preference. Closet and drawer space was good.
The living room/dining area was furnished fine. Nothing fancy, moderate yet mostly comfortable. There was a gas fireplace which we didn't use. The tv was a flat-screen with a decent selection of channels.
The bathroom was the pits. The tub surround was contoured in such a way the soap and shampoo slid right off, there was a built-in seat on the side that got in the way and was more nuisance than helpful. The door to the bathroom competed with and banged into the door to the toilet/shower area. The best things in the bathroom were the counter space and the powerful fan.
The resort is spread out. There's a main building with a restaurant, bar with bar food and live music, dock, indoor pool, hotel style units, a game room, and a coffee bar. The bar, Dockside, has a nice outdoor area and good pizza and burgers. We took the paddle wheel boat, the Breezy Belle, tour around the lake. It lasted 2 hours, we brought on pizza and salad from Dockside, got a couple of beers and enjoyed a leisurely sailing while the sun set.
Each night we walked around the resort and ended up in the game room to play pinball.
There is a marina where you can rent boats or you can bring your own.
Antlers is a pricey restaurant overlooking the driving range. The food is good- tasty prime rib, good salad, excellent soup. The service was good.
We spent our days exploring the area. Antiquing is good in Crosby and there's a public fishing pier where we spent an afternoon doing catch and release.
Nisswa is a quaint little town with touristy shops where you can get souvenirs.
We drove to Walker, about 40 minutes away and spent an evening at the Northern Lights Casino. Thursday night is seafood night- all you can eat crab legs, along with the rest of the buffet for $24.95 per person. There's live music nightly, a decent poker room, about 10 gaming tables and a bunch of slot machines.
This is a wonderful vacation area and many families go there year after year with other family members and friends. I can see why. There are so many resorts and lakes and things to do in the area. I'd love to go back and bring my friends who like to fish and spend time on the lake.
Our resort was good. I was very pleased we chose it for our summer vacation.

Room Tip: #15 was perfect for us. The only shared wall was the bedroom and the neighbor noise was minimal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kkasi
Reviewed July 15, 2014

By that I mean they do a lot lot of things very well but nothing that is great. Pool, indoor and not great. Restaurant; below grade. Rooms; artwork is worn out, (Matting is faded and warped) but the room itself is large enough for two. Coffee house; excellent. My expectations were not set before going there but neither the room nor the resort "wowed" us. The check in lobby is nice but is looking in need of a face lift. We arrived during peak check in and they had no less than 5 receptionists and it was still slow. The room was still not ready and they said they would text us when it was. An hour later we did not get a text so we stopped at the desk (another long wait) and we were told they room was ready. Texting system is not perfected yet. Our room was at Point Place and had a partial view of the lake, not what I excepted from the website. Also, the previous guest smoked in the room even though it is not allowed. The staff was able to use an air purifier to clean the air. I asked for a different room but they were sold out. The staff was very understanding and accommodating and did the best they could.
I have stayed at better resorts but the fees were also much higher. (You get what you pay for?) Once we got settled in we enjoyed the rest of the weekend. The grounds are maintained but not beautiful in terms of landscaping. The location is convenient for all the golf we played and for dining options. We will go back again, perhaps every other year for a weekend only.
For what it is worth, I think that they are squandering a great asset with the Dockside Grill. Nachos come with prepackaged salsa and nacho cheese. The food is high school quality. Its obvious that they cater to the late night dance crowd and they do pack it in, at least they did the two nights we were there. Stay for the night life, leave for the food.
Perhaps this resort is better suited for young families. Full disclosure; My wife and I are empty nesters and have not been to a "family" oriented resort in a long time so this may be the norm for "typical" family resorts; if that is what Breezy Point is targeting.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about what the view is really like. (Partial view of the lake, full view, can you see the parking lot, etc) Also, they only have the travel ironing boards.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djrhudson
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Breezy Point never fails to disappoint. My husband's family has been coming her for 10 years and I have never had clean lodging accommodations. Our bathroom floor had tortilla chips on the floor from the previous occupants. The carpets are filthy and stained in the hallways. I had to report to the cleaning staff that someone had spit their chewing tobacco on the elevator floor- it had been there for five hours. The new lodge is built so cheap - worse than a Super 8 - that I could hear everything from the rooms around us. I was woke up in the middle of the night by the room above us and a woman screaming in ecstasy. The rooms are so poorly cleaned that I bring my own cleaning supplies with me to clean it myself. I actually found a boomer on the chair in our living room area. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor and away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family