“Relaxing, fun, and lovely”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Breezy Point
Breezy Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Breezy Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Via a time share trade, we spent a week at the Breezy Point Resort. It's a collection of different types of units from hotel style to family-sized cabins, all built at different times and managed by several different companies.
We got a 1 bedroom unit with a full kitchen, unit #15 in the Pelican Pines building. We were across the street from the marina and the golf course. The building housed 3 units, #15 shared a wall with the other upstairs unit, but we didn't hear very much neighbor noise as there was no unit above or below us.
The unit was rustic, Northwoods kitsch with a kitchen and bathroom from the 1970's. The kitchen was fine- equipped with everything we needed, except I would have liked a non-stick frying pan for fish filets and eggs. Everything worked well and we appreciated the stack of coffee filters and extra roll of paper towels.
The bedroom was small with a door to the deck, but no screen and no other window or way to access fresh air. There was a fan in the closet which we used to move air in the bedroom. The full-size mattress was too soft for us, but that's a person preference. Closet and drawer space was good.
The living room/dining area was furnished fine. Nothing fancy, moderate yet mostly comfortable. There was a gas fireplace which we didn't use. The tv was a flat-screen with a decent selection of channels.
The bathroom was the pits. The tub surround was contoured in such a way the soap and shampoo slid right off, there was a built-in seat on the side that got in the way and was more nuisance than helpful. The door to the bathroom competed with and banged into the door to the toilet/shower area. The best things in the bathroom were the counter space and the powerful fan.
The resort is spread out. There's a main building with a restaurant, bar with bar food and live music, dock, indoor pool, hotel style units, a game room, and a coffee bar. The bar, Dockside, has a nice outdoor area and good pizza and burgers. We took the paddle wheel boat, the Breezy Belle, tour around the lake. It lasted 2 hours, we brought on pizza and salad from Dockside, got a couple of beers and enjoyed a leisurely sailing while the sun set.
Each night we walked around the resort and ended up in the game room to play pinball.
There is a marina where you can rent boats or you can bring your own.
Antlers is a pricey restaurant overlooking the driving range. The food is good- tasty prime rib, good salad, excellent soup. The service was good.
We spent our days exploring the area. Antiquing is good in Crosby and there's a public fishing pier where we spent an afternoon doing catch and release.
Nisswa is a quaint little town with touristy shops where you can get souvenirs.
We drove to Walker, about 40 minutes away and spent an evening at the Northern Lights Casino. Thursday night is seafood night- all you can eat crab legs, along with the rest of the buffet for $24.95 per person. There's live music nightly, a decent poker room, about 10 gaming tables and a bunch of slot machines.
This is a wonderful vacation area and many families go there year after year with other family members and friends. I can see why. There are so many resorts and lakes and things to do in the area. I'd love to go back and bring my friends who like to fish and spend time on the lake.
Our resort was good. I was very pleased we chose it for our summer vacation.

Room Tip: #15 was perfect for us. The only shared wall was the bedroom and the neighbor noise was minimal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kkasi

Reviewed July 15, 2014

By that I mean they do a lot lot of things very well but nothing that is great. Pool, indoor and not great. Restaurant; below grade. Rooms; artwork is worn out, (Matting is faded and warped) but the room itself is large enough for two. Coffee house; excellent. My expectations were not set before going there but neither the room nor the resort "wowed" us. The check in lobby is nice but is looking in need of a face lift. We arrived during peak check in and they had no less than 5 receptionists and it was still slow. The room was still not ready and they said they would text us when it was. An hour later we did not get a text so we stopped at the desk (another long wait) and we were told they room was ready. Texting system is not perfected yet. Our room was at Point Place and had a partial view of the lake, not what I excepted from the website. Also, the previous guest smoked in the room even though it is not allowed. The staff was able to use an air purifier to clean the air. I asked for a different room but they were sold out. The staff was very understanding and accommodating and did the best they could.
I have stayed at better resorts but the fees were also much higher. (You get what you pay for?) Once we got settled in we enjoyed the rest of the weekend. The grounds are maintained but not beautiful in terms of landscaping. The location is convenient for all the golf we played and for dining options. We will go back again, perhaps every other year for a weekend only.
For what it is worth, I think that they are squandering a great asset with the Dockside Grill. Nachos come with prepackaged salsa and nacho cheese. The food is high school quality. Its obvious that they cater to the late night dance crowd and they do pack it in, at least they did the two nights we were there. Stay for the night life, leave for the food.
Perhaps this resort is better suited for young families. Full disclosure; My wife and I are empty nesters and have not been to a "family" oriented resort in a long time so this may be the norm for "typical" family resorts; if that is what Breezy Point is targeting.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about what the view is really like. (Partial view of the lake, full view, can you s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djrhudson
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Breezy Point never fails to disappoint. My husband's family has been coming her for 10 years and I have never had clean lodging accommodations. Our bathroom floor had tortilla chips on the floor from the previous occupants. The carpets are filthy and stained in the hallways. I had to report to the cleaning staff that someone had spit their chewing tobacco on the elevator floor- it had been there for five hours. The new lodge is built so cheap - worse than a Super 8 - that I could hear everything from the rooms around us. I was woke up in the middle of the night by the room above us and a woman screaming in ecstasy. The rooms are so poorly cleaned that I bring my own cleaning supplies with me to clean it myself. I actually found a boomer on the chair in our living room area. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor and away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Mnmomto1
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We spent the long 4th of July weekend in one of the Double Double rooms with a lakeside view. The view was awesome and the room was clean and comfortable. However, the building was looking old. I know that they are building new lodging along the golf course, but I really think they need to look at updating their lakeside properties. In addition, the landscaping could also use some attention and updating.

Nevertheless, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the resort. The weather was beautiful, the water was warm and would return in the future as we felt the pricing was a good value. The Elvis impersonator is also a fun show.

I have a couple of suggestions for the resort: Operate the large paddle-boat vessel on the weekends. We wanted to get out on the lake, but the price to rent a pontoon was extremely high! Instead we rented a fishing boat with a 40 hp motor and were able to take a little spin up and down the shore in front of the resort. We would have preferred to go on the paddle-boat.

I am size XXL. The kayaks they rent do not fit larger people. The guys doing the renting should advise their customers to first sit in the boat before it is rented to make sure they are "comfortable". I was not comfortable and returned the kayak after about 15 minutes of trying to make it work out. I was not given a refund.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The good points: Property has a great location at Breezy Point on Pelican Lake. The rooms are comfortable and large. We had a queen suite at the Breezy Apts. and it was perfect for a family of four. The bathroom had two doors to enter from either the master bdrm or living area and it was huge with two sinks and a large jacuzzi tub. The windows opened and we had a nice sliding glass door and balcony in the bedroom. Boat rental was just across the parking lot and we had a great time renting a pontoon boat for a couple hours. The kids loved the indoor pool. The wifi is fantastic and free and there is plenty of convenient parking.

The not so good points: This property needs a major update. The check-in/registration area is very tired looking and could be improved without too much effort. We only ate at Dockside one time and went off property for the rest of our meals. The pizza was very average and overpriced and the flavored ice tea was not drinkable. The pilot light in the gas fireplace stays lit all the time so there was always a little bit of a gas smell which is really concerning when you have kids sleeping on the couch right across from it. You have to step into the large tub to take a shower which is a bit awkward and the shower leaks all over the tile platform around it -- make sure you get lots of towels. Our shower also squeaked horribly the whole time the water was on, which makes for a very stressful (and quick) shower. The maids didn't really clean anything that we could tell... they made the bed and emptied trash.

So overall, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great....and it could be.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Inn and Suites. Room is lovely and has everything one could want overlooking woods and river in back but I think $169 per night plus the huge taxes is a bit much. Sure wish there was another option when visiting family there.

The one thing that annoyed me was placement of the closet - the door to it and the bath are in constant competition. Bed was comfortable.

Had lunch at Antlers. My salad was good but hubby's open faced steak sandwich was not. Meat was chewy and gristly,

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank AZGigiS
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My second visit to this fabulous facility. The accommodations were very good, the food and drinks were fabulous, and the staff went out of their way to make you feel at home. The 3 golf courses were in great shape, and the up charge to play the Arnold Palmer designed Deacons Course was worth every penny. The 4 days went by way too quick! even though we golfed 36 holes most days.
The pool & hot tub got a workout at the end of each day!!!!! We are definitely planning another return visit to this awesome facility.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Grand View Lodge
Grand View Lodge
#1 of 7 in Nisswa

Been to Breezy Point Resort? Share your experiences!