Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great Winter Weekend Getaway on a Budget”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Breezy Point
Breezy Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Breezy Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Winter Weekend Getaway on a Budget”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a winter weekend getaway at Breezy Point Resort with two other couples and we were all very impressed with the value of our stay.

We rented a two bedroom duplex with a loft and, despite the website photos being terribly outdated, the unit we stayed in was relatively modern. Our unit had a nice gas fireplace and plenty of space for 6-8 adults.

The best value of the vacation was in the complimentary breakfast and 2-hour cocktail reception each night. The breakfast featured plenty of warm and cold food options. The cocktail reception was worth the price of the entire stay in and of itself - with 2 hours of free domestic beers, rail drinks and house wine. Each night, the reception was very busy so people could mingle and have a great time.

The only downside to Breezy Point, in my opinion, is that this resort definitely caters to families, so the pool is full of kids all day and night. However, I would definitely recommend Breezy Point for weekend couples getaways or family vacations and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk about the various cabin layout options because the website has terrible photos an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New Ulm, Minnesota
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Six of us spent the weekend in January at your resort for a "girls get-away". Loved the location, ease of access to the restaurant, bars & even close to places like "Commanders" & "Primetime"....some fun bars with nightly entertainment!

Will come back again!!!,!

• Stayed January 2013
Minnesota
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hubby and I spent New Year's 2013 at Breezy Point in Minnesota and had a fabulous time. Our condo was located a short distance from the resort center (Whitebirch) but we had no trouble getting to the action using our snowmobile. Our condo was very neat and clean. We did have a mouse that awoke us one night but when we informed the custodial staff, it was very quickly taken care of. We enjoyed the fireplace, hot tub in the bedroom and full kitchen.

We spent New Year's Eve at the Dock Side along the lake and enjoyed the friendly people and staff here. We can't wait to return in the warmer months to see what types of activities will be happening at this busy resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Haven't been to Breezy in the summer, but our hockey team and families had a great time at the Breezy tournament. Free Happy Hours and Breakfast were extras we definitely appreciated. If up there with a group, rent one of the hospitality rooms. Really made it easy for the team to get together instead of cramming into a room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
George R, Public Relations Manager at Breezy Point Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your high marks!

The popularity of the weekend hockey tournaments at our Hockey Center has been steadily growing and contributes around 10,000 people annually who visit and stay in the Breezy Point area.

We’re glad you enjoyed yourselves and invite you back to Breezy Point Resort for an equally enjoyable summer experience.
Zimmerman, Minnesota
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This weekend get together was our entire family for Christmas and we were all able to comfortably stay at the spacious Fawcett House. It was a great time. The facilities were very clean and well kept. We also went over to the main pool area and enjoyed the hot tub. Breezy Point does it right! We really feel like we're on a worthwhile vacation every time we go. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Breezy Point hosts youth hockey tournaments, and I made plans to take my teen grandson to a weekend tournament. I called early on to make sure I could get a suite (with a separate bedroom). I got a print confirmation, so I thought I was set. When we checked in, they gave us our key and we went to the room. It was not a suite. I called the front desk, and they told me that, yes, it was a suite. That was very strange because I was standing in the room, which was a standard room with two beds. Then they offered to move us to a different building. That wasn't an option, because all my grandson's teammates were in that building. So my grandson had to share a room with Grandma, and I got no sleep because he is a noisy sleeper. (That's why I made sure I reserved a suite,)

I called later to talk to the manager and was told the manager would call me back, but never did. I also sent a letter to Breezy Point and never got a reply.

I paid for the suite and never got a refund. I really got the feeling that they aren't very interested in their hockey customers. Maybe they do better with their summer customers.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm your room before you go, even if you have a print confirmation!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank B R
George R, Public Relations Manager at Breezy Point Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us last December. Comments such as yours highlight what we’re doing right and the areas where we need improvement.

We certainly apologize for your experience in being accommodated in the wrong room type and for not responding to your correspondence.

Without knowing your name, I'm unable to reconstruct your bill or examine the reservation to see where the problems arose.

By a separate message, I'll contact you for the details of your stay, dates, room number and charges, so that I may correct the inaccuracy of your bill.

Again, we apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and hope that you’ll give us another chance.
Crookston, Minnesota
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Large, old resort in need of renovation. If the hotel rooms were as nice as the lobby, it would be excellent. Our reservation was for a 2 queen beds plus a sleeper sofa suite. Upon arrival we were given 1 queen bed and 2 sleeper sofas. It was the oddest floor plan I have ever seen! We had a huge room with a television, fireplace, 3 chairs, 2 sofas, coffee table, dining table, bar stools, fridge, microwave, and bar. There was a bathroom, and a separate room with a bed and television. There were 2 windows in the bedroom. One of them overlooked the lake, and the other looked into the stairwell!!! Needless to say, the drapes were pulled at all times. I tried to contact the front desk to remedy the situation, however, the number labeled "front desk" on the phone sent me to voicemail. I dialed again, with the same result. I left a message, and never heard from anyone, so we unpacked and made the best of it. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. The food was just okay, but it was a conference for 300, so not much was expected. Beautiful view of the lake, adequate fitness room, and a large pool/recreation area were the highlights, as was the free Wi-fi. We were also unable to check in to our room until 5:00. Okay for a conference, but wouldn't seek this place out to stay with my family or friends.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Whitefish Lodge and Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter

Been to Breezy Point Resort? Share your experiences!