Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great Winter Destination”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Breezy Point
Breezy Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Breezy Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Haven't been to Breezy in the summer, but our hockey team and families had a great time at the Breezy tournament. Free Happy Hours and Breakfast were extras we definitely appreciated. If up there with a group, rent one of the hospitality rooms. Really made it easy for the team to get together instead of cramming into a room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
George R, Public Relations Manager at Breezy Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your high marks!

The popularity of the weekend hockey tournaments at our Hockey Center has been steadily growing and contributes around 10,000 people annually who visit and stay in the Breezy Point area.

We’re glad you enjoyed yourselves and invite you back to Breezy Point Resort for an equally enjoyable summer experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This weekend get together was our entire family for Christmas and we were all able to comfortably stay at the spacious Fawcett House. It was a great time. The facilities were very clean and well kept. We also went over to the main pool area and enjoyed the hot tub. Breezy Point does it right! We really feel like we're on a worthwhile vacation every time we go. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Breezy Point hosts youth hockey tournaments, and I made plans to take my teen grandson to a weekend tournament. I called early on to make sure I could get a suite (with a separate bedroom). I got a print confirmation, so I thought I was set. When we checked in, they gave us our key and we went to the room. It was not a suite. I called the front desk, and they told me that, yes, it was a suite. That was very strange because I was standing in the room, which was a standard room with two beds. Then they offered to move us to a different building. That wasn't an option, because all my grandson's teammates were in that building. So my grandson had to share a room with Grandma, and I got no sleep because he is a noisy sleeper. (That's why I made sure I reserved a suite,)

I called later to talk to the manager and was told the manager would call me back, but never did. I also sent a letter to Breezy Point and never got a reply.

I paid for the suite and never got a refund. I really got the feeling that they aren't very interested in their hockey customers. Maybe they do better with their summer customers.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm your room before you go, even if you have a print confirmation!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank B R
George R, Public Relations Manager at Breezy Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us last December. Comments such as yours highlight what we’re doing right and the areas where we need improvement.

We certainly apologize for your experience in being accommodated in the wrong room type and for not responding to your correspondence.

Without knowing your name, I'm unable to reconstruct your bill or examine the reservation to see where the problems arose.

By a separate message, I'll contact you for the details of your stay, dates, room number and charges, so that I may correct the inaccuracy of your bill.

Again, we apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and hope that you’ll give us another chance.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Large, old resort in need of renovation. If the hotel rooms were as nice as the lobby, it would be excellent. Our reservation was for a 2 queen beds plus a sleeper sofa suite. Upon arrival we were given 1 queen bed and 2 sleeper sofas. It was the oddest floor plan I have ever seen! We had a huge room with a television, fireplace, 3 chairs, 2 sofas, coffee table, dining table, bar stools, fridge, microwave, and bar. There was a bathroom, and a separate room with a bed and television. There were 2 windows in the bedroom. One of them overlooked the lake, and the other looked into the stairwell!!! Needless to say, the drapes were pulled at all times. I tried to contact the front desk to remedy the situation, however, the number labeled "front desk" on the phone sent me to voicemail. I dialed again, with the same result. I left a message, and never heard from anyone, so we unpacked and made the best of it. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. The food was just okay, but it was a conference for 300, so not much was expected. Beautiful view of the lake, adequate fitness room, and a large pool/recreation area were the highlights, as was the free Wi-fi. We were also unable to check in to our room until 5:00. Okay for a conference, but wouldn't seek this place out to stay with my family or friends.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MinnesotaJoElle
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was a great place to go. The staff was helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the golf courses and renting a pontoon. This was one of abest vacations we have had in years. Recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Came up from the TC's to look at what might be available for sale in BP. I used the reservation telephone number from the web site and made arrangement to stay at The Commander Motel as everything els was booked. The girl assured me The Commander was fire BUT it was not. It was not on the BP grounds, was connected to a bar on the main road, looked like it was being rented more then once a night, and filthy on the inside. My wife and I declined to stay and went into BP proper to find a room. We told our story and were told they had heard this soo many times in the past, and were very sympathtic to our problem. We stayed in the main lodge, in room 3238, and couldn't have been happier. The front dest manager Dave was super helpful as was two of his staff, Sam and Marta.
The price was right and the food was good. So be careful when you book up here.

Room Tip: In the main lodge, Odd room numbers face the parking lot ( and the lake ), and the even numbers face...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Breezy Point Resort for 2 nights. My husband, now 71 years old, had stayed there with his family in the summers of 1947, 1948 and 1949. Well, it has changed a lot since then! It has something for everyone, many different kinds of accomodations. There are cabins, motel-like rooms, and we opted for the apartment lodging. Our apartment, #225, was very nicely furnished. It had a completely outfitted kitchen. There was a master bedroom and a loft with 2 twin beds. I think that the couches in the living room were pull-out, so you could easily accomodate 6 people in this unit. The outdoor patio was absolutely delightful, a few chairs, a chaise, a small table and a gorgeous view of Pelican Lake. We cooked in our unit and did not eat at any of the resort's restaurants. There is a very adequte supermarket in Pequot Point, just 5 miles from the Resort. Our room was quiet at night, all the noise we heard was the lapping of the waves on the shore. Breezy Point Resort has a lot of golf, tennis and boating facilities for guests.

Room Tip: Opt for the Lodge apartments if you are prepared to do your own cooking. Second floor rooms have a m...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Grand View Lodge
Grand View Lodge
#1 of 7 in Nisswa

Been to Breezy Point Resort? Share your experiences!