“Beautiful, scenic trail”

Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Brainerd
More attraction details
Owner description: Fifty miles of trails to bike, hike, rollerblade and snow-mobile, depending on the season.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love biking the Paul Bunyan Trail. It's beautifully paved, mostly flat, and very scenic. I use it, but also bike around many nearby lakes along the way. I especially love that it goes right through my favorite small town - Nisswa, MN. Such a quaint, little town! Trailblazer Bikes is located right on the trail, so if I have guests in from out of town, they can rent bikes there, and ride right out the back door onto the trail. Also, if I need some biking equipment or repair, they are very helpful. I love the coffee shops in Nisswa and, of course, the shopping. Enjoy the ride!

1  Thank JenBMN

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Try the full length of the PB Trail to gain the full experience! Every town is a little different and has something different and fun to offer! Pine River has a lovely park & recreation area along the shores of the Pine River, a tributary of the Mississippi River! It's just five blocks, right, off the PB Trail! Grab a cool drink, pedal down and cool your heels in the "Pine"! Great break!
Pine River prides itself by being "The Birthplace of the Paul Bunyan Trail"! Yes, it all began in Pine River in 1983!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love the trail. I run it, I walk it. It is convenient, peaceful, and can be an hour long event or an entire day. I live near Nisswa and have to visit the chocolate ox for ice cream when I finish or go to Rafferty's on main street for a great pizza.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the best bike trail we have ever ridden. We live in Cali and have ridden along the coast and around some back country, for comparison. This trail, particularly the segment from Nisswa to Baxter, is absolutely delightful, you'll ride by pristine lakes and meadows and through some forested areas as well. The trail is well-maintained and for the most part, nearly flat. You can make a work-out of it by challenging yourself to ride 12+ mph : ) Northward from Nisswa, the trail offers more services and interesting little towns to explore: Nisswa is the queen of them all, but Piquot Lakes is sweet, too. We stopped in Pine Lakes and had a sundae at the 50's style fountain restaurant. Our rented bikes came from Trailblazer Bikes out of Nisswa, which we highly recommend.

1  Thank Julie K
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of our favorite trails in Minnesota. Particularly the stretch from Brainard to Nisswa. Nice flat trail with minimal road crossings and plenty to do at each end. This portion of the trail is not parallel to the road so it feels remote. The flies can be bad a t times so be prepared for that. The trail is very flat and well maintained. It is an excellent ride for fall colors.

1  Thank MNfamily t