“First time- won't be the last !!”
Review of Ernies On Gull

Ernies On Gull
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Brainerd
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ernie's on Gull is a year around family restaurant located on the shores of beautiful Gull Lake. Summers our lakeside deck and patio bar and open everyday with the best views of any restaurant in the area. Summer weekends bring nightly entertainment on the patio. Enjoy a cocktail and watch the sun go down to the sounds of local and regional acts. Executive Chef Jason Hawley and his culinary team have assembled a menu that caters to the tastes and trends of today while also embracing the items that have been staples here for many years. Our diverse menu offers a wide range of options to choose from and is constantly being updated as we move from season to season.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husbands family vacates in Nisswa every year and I've been coming for 11 years and this is the very first we have stumbled upon Ernie's on Gull Lake. I love the outdoor seating the food the drinks and the adirondack chairs overlooking the lake and the ongoing games of beach volleyball!!! I have found a new spot on Gull Lake that has won this South Carolina girls heart!!!! I will be back next year❤️

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very disappointed. Everything on the menu is overpriced and food prep is far from special. Pints of Beer run $1 to $1.50 higher than same craft beers available in decent gastro pubs in twin cities. Service is barely OK…many young servers who only work there in summer. I ordered fish and chips… got three small panco breaded coated fish pieces and potato chips at a cost of over $12.50. Rest of our party of six were likewise disappointed. Save your money!!! You will do far better going to Bar Harbor or most restaurants in Brainard.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stop at Ernie's several times a year while on vacation, so obviously it's a decent stop with a great view right on Gull Lake. People-watching is good, too. The food itself is good to average, depending on what you get. This isn't an overly expensive place, but the food is pricey for what it is. You're paying for that great view! One in our party had and loved the lobster bisque. I had the seared tuna appetizer for my meal, and it was pretty good, albeit expensive. Ironically, it is still not the best seared tuna on the lake, with TWO other Gull Lake restaurants beating it.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

New menu this year with amazing options. We had the fish tacos and thai chicken, both awesome. Beautiful view of the lake and live music makes for a great time.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went here twice on our vacation. The first time I had fish tacos that were great and my husband had a burger which was just ok. The second time we had pork belly tacos that were average ... the meat was super dry and more like jerky. We sat on the patio where you have to wait for a table to open and grab it (no biggie.) There is a playground right next door that is so great if you have little ones.

Been to Ernies On Gull? Share your experiences!