“Super 8 & AmericInn run by same Manager”
Review of Super 8 Blue Earth

Super 8 Blue Earth
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blue Earth
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here on 10/18/2011. When I check for rooms and rates, I was told there were no business rates unless I had stayed there previously, when i qustion this policy further, I was told the manager was at the other hotel and I would need to speak to her about the rates.
The manager told me I was qouted the business rate, when I mention another super 8 hotel not to far from her. she found a better rate, hm interesting.
The room did not smell very clean nor were the floors very clean. the windows were not completly secure. Firg was load. you can hear everything going on above and all around you.
Breakfast was donuts.

What your bill! they like to add a charge on for the safe in the room!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
alan6789, Manager at Super 8 Blue Earth, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

This is common pratice in most industries that managers may be shared. Breakfast is the Super 8 "Super Start" and is quite standard with the brand. We will continue to work on improviing our breakfast area. This is in the on the agenda and should be coming to our guest early this summer Thank you for your comments and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The staff was very friendly... but it's too bad friendly doesn't make smells or dampness go away. The room really smelled like cigarettes despite the fact it was a nonsmoking room. Neither of us slept under the covers b/c they were damp, and we definitely couldn't step on the floor without shoes on, it was gross. It wasn't particularly noisy and I was impressed with the breakfast, but overall I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The room had adequate amenities such as refrigerator, microwave and small coffee pot. The single, queen size bed had a standard mattress, no pillow top here and a meager two pillows.
The continental breakfast was standard but did include bagels (white only) and waffles.
It APPEARED to be fairly clean but, and this is a BIG but... it smelled of over sanitizing which seemed to be covering a slight urine smell.
The walls were paper thin - I could literally hear the conversation being had in the next room and it was obvious they were speaking in a conversational tone. Noise from across the hall could also be heard and in this case, that was at 4:30 am.
I did wake up to see the Jolly Green Giant smiling at me from the fairgrounds - that was the highlight.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
alan6789, Manager at Super 8 Blue Earth, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you for your feed back. We are looking at a new entrance into the restroom. It is at this time to close to the breakfast area. Once again Thank you for the information.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stopped here after calling ahead on the 800 number to reserve a room. It was late and the motel was nearly full. Lots of noise in the halls at 10:00 at night. The people in the next room were having others in and out with noise. The carpet must be the original...very old. We checked the bedding after the sheets would not stay tucked in. The mattress and box spring had multiple stains on them. It made it creepy to sleep on them they were so old and stained. The internet kept kicking me off. I finally gave up. Super 8 needs to check on their motels if they are going to let them use their name.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Everyone was very nice and the room was a bit musty, but clean. You will want to stay on the upper floor as you can hear every footstep from above.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Found to be a pleasant clean room conviently located to interstate. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Pulled in late after long day of driving. Hotel reeked of cigarettes, but claimed to be non-smoking. Pricey - they are in the middle of nowhere and charge for it. Towels overworn. Got bug bites.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Blue Earth? Share your experiences!