“Noisy and overpriced good food”

Cedar + Stone, Urban Table
Reserve a Table
Sat, 7/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #3 of 263 Restaurants in Bloomington
Description: Experience exquisite dining at the Cedar + Stone, Urban Table. Located inside the JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice quiet restaurant at a sophisticated hotel, you may be disappointed. The food was actually quite good, but the prices seemed out of line for the atmosphere. Unfortunately, because it is attached to both the JW and the MOA, you get both types of patrons. When we were there, the place was filled with noisy groups with lots of children who had obviously been shopping all day. Our meal with no alcohol was over $125. Yikes.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 4, 2019

Excellent dinner venue. I enjoyed the beet and burratta app and the filet steak. Portions are generous and the service is absolutely fantastic. Everyone I encountered was friendly, warm and genuinely interested in making my dinner and stay the very best it could be. Shout out to Greg, the sommelier, who is so fun, professional and very knowledgeable in recommending the perfect wine for one's dinner. If I lived in Minneapolis, this would be my Friday night regular spot. Absolutely great place.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019

We ate here in March, 2019 and brought along our vegan friend. All 5 of us enjoyed delicious food, including desserts.
Particularly recommend the wild rice soup and the fudge brownies.

The staff was attentive and while prices were a bit above average, the food was well worth it.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

We felt that the prices were far too high for the portion sizes. It looks like they are using the buzz words “farm to table” without really utilizing many local farmers. If you’re sourcing most of your fresh ingredients through local farms, I’m more than happy to pay the extra penny, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case here.
The food was average. Nothing incredible. We ordered the Carmel roll ($9) and received three small rolls. They were delicious, but would be between $3-5 at the average restaurant. My husband had the sliders which came with a very small bowl of fries. I had the Benedict with some really yummy seasoned potato/carrot medley. We also ordered the salmon platter. Overall we were underwhelmed.
The service, however, was amazing! I’m sure it had to do with the fact that we were the only patrons in the place for most of our service, but she had a lovely personality and made our hearts and tummies full.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

My daughter's birthday falls on Valentine's Day. It's always challenge getting reservations somewhere and having to deal with lots of people and crabby staff because of how busy it gets. Not here. I booked a reservation for 6:45 and told them we would be just having drinks and maybe an appetizer (we were planning on getting take-out somewhere for dinner for later at home). They suggested making a reservation anyway, so we did. Got there and it was busy, but staff was friendly and accommodating. We decided to sit at the bar so that someone having a full dinner could have a our table (our suggestion, not the hostess's). We had an appetizer and my daughter had a specialty cocktail, and I had two IPAs. We mentioned it was her birthday, and they said she could order any one of their desserts on the house! She picked their Cedar donuts, and it came out with "happy birthday" drizzled in chocolate. Mind you, this was Valentine's Day. A busy day, and they were so nice and made her feel special. Thanks Cedar and Stone!

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Cedar + Stone, Urban Table? Share your experiences!