“Great staff!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houma, Louisiana
“Great staff!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Came for the weekend for graduation in Forest City, Iowa. Room was as expected. Great, friendly staff! Lady at the desk helped us print our boarding passes. Would stay again if ever in Minneapolis. The Blue Water Grill had great food! Short distance to mall of America and airport

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
crest hill, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Excellent staff and management is the best in the whole Hilton system!! Have stayed here many times and each stay is excellent. Can't praise it enough! Food is great, Room is great. The whole experience is great!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear James,

Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal guest to our hotel! Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your entire experience. I am thankful for your loyalty and that you are consistently taken care of so well by our team. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our hotel.

Best wishes,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Visited for a weekend - got an average room which was accessible (did not request it). Rooms were clean and the entry was also nice. Tried the swimming pool which was a little dirty (maybe it's used more heavily during the weekends). Upon check-in, the attendant confirmed that they had my HHonors number and that I was Silver. After she gave me my keys and sent me on my way, I asked her 'do Silvers have any benefits' and at that point she said "you get free waters - go over to the shop and get a couple for yourself." It seemed a bit like an afterthought. She added "your room is far from the elevators as you requested" but when we went upstairs, we found that there was only one room closer to the elevators than us (I am fine if I am told 'hotel is crowded so we can't accommodate your preference but to say the 2nd room from the elevator is 'far from' seemed misleading).

The building faces France Ave which is a busy street, but the windows were good enough that it was pretty quiet. Check-in & check-out was seamless - not a bad hotel but given the high reviews, I guess I was expecting it to be as good as other Hiltons I've stayed at (did not think it was).

Room Tip: West facing away from France.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. We always want to improve as a hotel and I always appreciate the feedback. I apologize for the issues you ran into with our swimming pool and with the room assignment I have addressed these issues with our team.

I hope your travel brings you back to the Twin Cities and to our hotel.

Breezy Point, Minnesota
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was our first time at this Hotel in the area. It was very clean, and comfortable. We upgraded to the Executive Package. That included a Continental Breakfast, that was the best of any we've had elsewhere. Also included were 2 cocktails and an appetizer which the appetizer was delicious. The room was large and quite comfortable with a great shower and towels.

The only thing wrong was dogs. There was a dog barking on our floor, and we did not report it, because other places do not have as strict pet policies. Had we known the policy, we would have reported it sooner.

It was our 40th Anniversary and the desk sent up a piece of Chocolate Cake. Nice touch. Thanks

We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our property for the first time! I’m so glad that you decided to choose our hotel and got to celebrate a very special anniversary, congratulations! I am very pleased our staff acknowledged your anniversary.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,
fort Myers, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed at this property monthly for the past 18 months. I have always found the staff to be exceptionally attentive, cheerful and helpful. The Executive lounge is pleasant although the evening "snacks" are not very appetizing. However the lounge staff are great (both am and pm)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mary Jo,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and continuing to stay with us when you are in Bloomington! I’m so pleased to hear that you are well taken care of by our staff. I am proud of our team, as they do a great job welcoming every guest and making each guest feel a home. Thank you for your comment on the snacks that are in the lounge, your comments will help us improve.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here and used a bed and breakfast certificate. I have stayed here once before for my class reunion. The hotel is very clean and the employees helpful and friendly. Great buffet breakfast in the morning with a chef making omelets. The bedding is comfortable and the rooms are modern,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel for a second stay! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the food that was prepared for you, the bed you stayed in, and glad you enjoyed our helpful and friendly staff. I hope you are able to visit us for a third time in the near future.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My mother, who is handicapped, and I stayed at this hotel in early March. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We ordered breakfast in the morning and after the staff person delivered it, we discovered there was no cream on the tray for my mother's coffee. I called the front desk and just a minute or so after I hung up the phone, it was delivered! We were very happy with the service. Also, the hash browns and omelet I ordered may seem to be simple items, but I've never had such a tasty breakfast. It was great! The reason I didn't give five stars is because while I was loading the car the next morning, there was another guest waiting for my parking space so I felt I had to really hurry. In fact, there were many cars waiting in the lot for places to park. I had heard that parking is a problem at that hotel, but indeed the rest of the place is very fine. I will, someday, stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us with your mother. It’s great hearing that our staff was able to provide a quick recovery and get your mother cream for her coffee. I do apologize you felt rushed as you were leaving. We want your experience to always be enjoyable when you stay with us regardless if we are busy or not. Please contact me should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail.

I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Best wishes!