“Day Trip to Mall of America with the kids” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Day Trip to Mall of America with the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a nice hotel. The room was nice, clean and the bed was comfortable. I chose the American Girl package. In addition to receiving a free American Girl Doll bed, we also received a free buffet breakfast. We received complimentary shuttle service to both the mall and air port. The hotel is in a safe area. The food at the Buffett was good but the food selection was minimal. Here are the reasons I did not rate this hotel 5 stars. I noticed several stained ceiling tiles in the lobby. There appeared to be a slight issue with the plumbing as both tub and the sink were draining a little slow. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room that have some incentives.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Richfield, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I went to a continuing education seminar in Edina and this was the hotel setting that was contracted with the seminar people. This place is very, very nice. The people will bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable. They have a shuttle from & to the airport. They also have shuttle service, within like 5 miles, to anywhere you want to go, pretty much at any time. The rooms were comfortable and the exercise facility was good. It is close to the highway (for those who drive) and to a couple of malls.
It is NOT really in a "tourist" area, but is more for travel and business usage. IF it is a "get away" say a family to go to Mall of America, it would be good too.
Food in restaurant is good, drinks are a slight pricey (I am cheap and will look for the deals).
I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I did not respond to Spa or Breakfast; they don't really have a spa and I did not eat Breakfast...
Green Features: Seems good. They seem to do the "eco-friendly aspect of not changing out towels, unless requested.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay! I am glad that our staff took great care of you throughout your time with us. I'm also happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle! Even though we are seen to be more of a business hotel, we have great staff that are knowledgeable in knowing the surrounding attractions, and would be happy to suggest them to anyone! I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Take care,
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights, and enjoyed my stay. This hotel is newer, clean, and has a nice staff. The breakfast was good, the pool and hot tub were nice, and the workout room was good. The hotel room was clean, with comfortable pillows and bed. The area around the hotel is quiet, seems safe, has good access to the interstate, and has restaurants close by. I don't always give 5 star reviews, but when I do, it means the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lexi,
Thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent trip to Bloomington and for giving us a 5 star review. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have a great staff here that make sure our guests are taken care of. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our facility. I hope you are able to come back and visit us soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here on a personal visit to get away from life for a few nights. Wanted someplace reasonable and local. After my stay, I realized this is a great business hotel, but I would not take my family here to stay for a vacation. I stayed on the Executive Floor which was nice. Room was smaller than I imagined but still about a normal size room. The lounge where breakfast was served was nice, but the food selection was minimal. There were English muffins, bagels, bread, and items for parfaits including fruit, granola, yogurt. The drinks were beneath the counter and you had to reach under to get to them. They were not labeled and I had to ask what they were. It is definitely not a buffet and is intended as a light breakfast. The food was high quality and the jam came in an individual little jar and it was very good. Tasty breakfast, just not big. The pool was one of the smallest I've ever seen at a hotel, but the hot tub was decent and the fitness center well stocked with a good variety. Walking around, there are many meeting rooms on the main and second floors. The only time I saw kids was at the pool. The onsite restaurant was very expensive and filled with business-looking people. To the reviewer who said there is nothing to eat nearby is wrong. I counted 4 restaurants within walking distance in just one direction. Yes, it is in a business district which is probably why it has a business feel. The glass shower was nice and the liquids for personal care smelled great and seemed high quality. It's a nice hotel, but I would never take my family to stay there. Nothing for them to do there.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great for business travelers, but there is no tub, so not good if you want to ta...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your get away! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience with us. I would agree we are a great place to stay if you are on business but families visiting the nearby Mall of America also enjoy our hotel because of the outstanding service we provide. Our staff here is very knowledgeable on the surrounding attractions and would happy to recommend them to your family if you do decide to stay here again.

Take care,
toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Great place to stay great staff willing to go above and beyond. Some good bars and resterants close by if you chose not to use the hotels .Shuttle to go to the mall and the airport made this a great place to stay.Will stay again next year .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lorie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the very nice feedback about our staff, transportation and location. Much of our team have been working at our hotel since we opened and they are the best associates in the Twin Cities. We look forward to your return visit.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel and will continue to come back every time in the area because everyone seems like they enjoy being there. It's a smaller lobby area but everything looks immaculate. The location is convenient to get to and from and France Avenue is full of all kinds of restaurants (The Tavern on France) was actually pretty good and recommended by the hotel to entertain some clients. I also booked my room with the Executive Lounge. It had a good breakfast variety each morning and the evening drinks and appetizers was a welcome after a long day of meetings. I come to the Minneapolis area four times a year and have stayed at all different places but have found a comfort level with this place.

Room Tip: I originally had booked my room directly from Hilton but a few days before my trip I received an ema...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for a second time, and for your continued loyalty! We have a great team here, and I am so glad that our staff has impacted you in a positive way. I look forward to your next visit and hope I get to personally meet you.

los angeles, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel was very average, could not get in-room wifi, not sure why, but didn't want to fight it and find out Hotel gym was weak, very few options, adn in particular the pool was tiny location good for me, near best buy price was reasonable no bathtub, just shower, no fun in the winter

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Bloomington. We apologize that you experienced some troubles with connecting to our WiFi service. We understand the importance of this service. Our Internet service speeds are very fast and typically we get compliments on the speed and ease of connectivity. Our Front Desk team is always willing to assist, and we also have an outstanding 1-800 technical support line available, so please do not hesitate to bring any issues to them during your future stays. On a future stay if you prefer to have a tub shower we do have them available as well as our nice shower tubs. We also apologize that you did not enjoy our gym and pool area. We strive to be an outstanding hotel delivering exceptional service to all our guests. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and thank you for the gift of feedback. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail.