“Awesome Hotel!”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My parents came to visit me for the weekend and stayed here. The place was great and super clean! Michael too our reservation and he was a great help throughout the stay. We took the shuttle once to Ikea and once to MOA, and had a very nice driver both times. The first time we had a man who lived in Alaska and Hawaii and was super friendly. Then we had a man pick us up who stopped and gave a homeless man money at a stoplight...very impressive. Then, we had a man who helped us with all our Ikea packages. Overall great stay and very impressed with the staff

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Aimee,

Thank you for deciding to choose our hotel during your parents visit to see you! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with me. We do have an awesome staff and hotel and I will certainly acknowledge both shuttle drivesr for their outstanding service.

We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great amenities, clean but at first staff was great when we first arrive in afternoon but got worse in evening and were especially bad the next morning when using the park and stay service. I clarified this using this service prior to stay and discussed with staff the night before I left. No one informed me of extra charged or different type of reservation I needed. The morning we were getting ready to board airport shuttle, the women at the front desk (who was never there and had to have security get her from the back 3 times) rudely told me that we did not have that type of reservation. Rudely told me that we would have to pay extra next time but this time was okay. She did not think I made reservations using HHonors and when I told her I did and told her to check reservations, she just stopped talking. I will think again about making reservation at this Hilton.

Dear Rolly,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Bloomington and for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that the staff you encountered were inconsistent. I hope you had a great trip with your family that created wonderful memories.I will contact you directly soon to discuss your experience as we would like to keep you as a guest.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here for a few days on business and found the Hilton to be very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was polite and gracious. There is a shuttle that can move you around if you have things to do that are close to the hotel and the drivers were prompt and courteous. The one time I needed a cab to go into downtown Minneapolis the front desk called for me and the cab was there in less than five minutes. Breakfast was good too. No problems and no criticisms here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you get the chance to come and visit us again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here on business. Overall, a pleasant hotel. Comfy bed and set up for business (good desk and chair; outlet built into nightstand for cell phone). Only complaint was that the first room I as assigned was a low floor and looked directly over cooling/heating (?) units. They were large, unattractive, and loud (humming). Fortunately, they quickly gave me another room (the front desk person literally RAN the new keys up to me to the 3rd floor elevator lobby!). Service great. Room I ended up with was good, but not the first room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LT55
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great location, helpful staff, and clean rooms. Our rooms (we traveled with a group) didn't have built-in refrigerators or microwaves. The staff was quick to bring an extra refrigerator to our room, once we asked, and it sat on the floor. But, the rest of our group wasn't so lucky. The room-cleaning service was very good. Would stay there again.

1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed March 11, 2014

On a family road trip, we were looking for a one night stop near the MSP airport. I decided to give Priceline and Bloomington a try and was quite surprised to have Hilton be the hotel that accepted my bid. I'm a HH Gold member and tend to book Embassy or Doubletree Suites. I hadn't stayed at a Hilton in quite a while and was very pleased. The front desk staff were kind. The hotel has a great location that is very easy to get to - somewhat near the Mall of America, not too far from the airport (but far enough that you don't have the plane noise). The rooms are nice and well-insulated. Beds are comfortable (though would prefer 2 queens in the 2 bed rooms instead of 2 doubles). Shower was awesome! Parking is free. The attached restaurant gets great reviews but is a little pricey (and we were traveling with children) so we opted for the short drive to Fuddrucker's instead. The hotel has an indoor pool with a hot tub. The pool is small and the poor room a little too heated, maybe, but the kids enjoyed it anyway.
Really, I have no complaints. I would definitely return to this Hilton again.

1  Thank aus_cole
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had a wedding to attend so we decided to stay at the hilton. We have never been here before and i have to say it was a really great experience. From check in to the food and bar.It was really nice. The staff takes care of your needs the hotel is spotless and the food at the wedding was awesome. NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL

Room Tip: all rooms are nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent great stay with us! I’m so happy to hear you were able to stay with us during the wedding you attended at our hotel. We are pleased your enjoyed the wedding food, service and cleanliness of our hotel. We have great staff at our hotel that really makes it a priority to take care of each one of our guests.

I appreciate you taking the time to let people know we are a wonderful hotel and a great place to stay and get married. I hope you are able to visit us again in the near future!

Best wishes,