We checked in for one night in early Jan. I was pretty sure they were fairly open & explained to the person at the desk I was going to have some family members stopping in, and asked whether there was a room where our talking wouldn't disturb other guests. He gave me a corner room with no rooms across the hall. I am someone who am easily disturbed when I can hear guests in other rooms talking, so I was very happy that would be less of a worry. They provided a refrigerator when we requested it. It was extremely cold the night we stayed so we were happy the heating worked perfectly. The room was in excellent condition - I usually find something that needs repair in hotel rooms/bathrooms, but everything here was in great working order. The woman who was cleaning rooms down the hall was friendly & happy to assist. The fitness center & swimming pool (plus hot tub) were never busy - the fitness center has a few erg machines, a few treadmills, a recumbent bike (all with TV screens), & some weights, and was kept in great order. The selection wasn't huge but is adequate; the hotel is not huge. Towels were provided in both. Parking is free & you're never far from the front door. They have a shuttle to the airport & Mall of America. The hotel website says they're "near" the Mall of America. Well, that's a matter of semantics - it's a good 3-4 miles away, but it's an easy drive down American Boulevard, and since parking can be a headache at the Mall, a shuttle could be a nice option. (We didn't intend to go to the Mall.) The one negative was the bed size - they are doubles, and perhaps slightly narrow doubles (the beds in our room weren't twins, as some reviewers have said). They were extremely comfortable, but they are small if you have even a child sleep with you. There probably is room for them to put in queen beds in their double rooms, although it might make the room feel crowded. The towels in the rooms were great - very absorbent and thick white cotton. I wish all hotels would go to unscented bath products (or at least, naturally scented, instead of synthetic scents) - at least that Hilton's bath products aren't extremely flowery/perfumey. The lobby area was neat and comfortable - not huge but adequate. We didn't eat at the hotel so no comments there. The shower heads were fine - a few other reviews mentioned that the water pressure wasn't super strong. You won't get a strong pulsing shower if that's what you want, but it was more than adequate. The staff down at the desk were friendly and willing to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby Mall of America and Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport, this contemporary Hilton property, with its glistening glass and brick exterior, offers guests unparalleled friendly service in a warm and welcoming environment. The full service Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington will provide every array of amenity and serve as the perfect destination for both business and leisure travelers. Coupled with our premiere food and beverage offerings in our savvy Bloomington ChopHouse Restaurant and the Olive Lounge, we aim to delight your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton
- Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington MN, North America