“staff uninformed on how to handle reservations online”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, United Kingdom
“staff uninformed on how to handle reservations online”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel staff was uninformed on how to handle online reservations, but was quick to tell us if we did cancel our credit card would be changed, but they needed to use another credit card for their stay and they not only used that card but was changed triple the rate on their master card so now their money is just in limbo. The bill was paid by the card that reserved it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Dedrick,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with us. I apologize for the unsatisfying situation you encountered with the staff. I have discussed this issues with the team. Please contact me directly should you want to discuss your stay in further detail.

Wish you a Happy Holiday Season,
Jim Waldvogel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Okoboji, Iowa
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I don't know why I have not thought abut rating this home away from home before????!!!! Very nice rooms, bar is like a neighborhood bar, you get to know many familiar faces and personalities and the Chop House~yum.... We have been MANY times and it is always a treat! Everyone is helpful, friendly, like family and they remember you and treat you like that, I believe this comes from from the having a G.M.,Jim, who truely believes in everyone who works "with" him. He is right in there with and not above anyone, it seems this way to us anyway. If something needs attention and he is there, he won't say...so and so, fix this, it is not my job.....he will jump right in with them to attend to the matter at hand and I don't mean this like in a way that he thinks they couldn't handle it without him, far from that. He also seems to have a lot of respect for all staff there, and I think it is vise versa on the thoughts from the staff for him, after all without a great team what would it be????? Too many places like that already.
J&M and the many friends who also love this getaway!

Room Tip: All we have been in are great, beds are soooo comfy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Mary and John,

Thank you for making this your Home away from Home and for being such loyal and frequent guests. We also appreciate you recommending and bring your many friends with your to enjoy our hotel and restaurant and for you taking the time to comment on your experiences and the kind compliments. I couldn't be happier to know our teams efforts are so appreciated and that you enjoy all aspects of our hotel. We do strive to create a special atmosphere that are guest feel welcomed and look forward to returning. It’s great to know that you feel this way. It is our goal to deliver the very best customer service to everyone that steps foot in our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful guest. Happy Thanksgiving.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bloomington Hilton on November 16th,2013 with our 2 grand children. The location was ideal. Close to restaurants and the MOA.They have a shuttle that will shuttle you to restaurants in the area so once you arrive at the hotel you can leave your car there and they will do the driving. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean hotel and nice pool area for the kids. I would definitely stay here again. Minnesota is know for being Minnesota nice and this Hotel sure confirmed that. Thanks Hilton .You never disappoint us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIbbing
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very nice business hotel. Room was nice, bed very comfortable. But asked for luggage cart on check in and was told they were all in use. Desk clerk went to look for cart and 10 minutes later came back, with no cart, and asked f he could help me. He had just forgot about me. Morning breakfast for my wife and grand-daughter lacked any routine restaurant customer service. No one to greet them or seat them, they had to look for restaurant help and were told to sit anywhere. Then they had to ask for a menu since not eating the buffet. Ten min later server came to take their order and it was not at all busy. They advertise free meals for under 5 years, but that only applies to the buffet. I had a great deal on room price or I would have complained. Not up to usual Hilton standards.
Neal W.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Neal,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am pleased that you felt we were a very nice business hotel. I am sorry that you and your family did not have a very good restaurant experience. I have discussed the issues with our team. Thank you for sharing your experience, your comments will help us improve.

I hope you will give us another try as we do enjoy having families stay with us.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When in Minneapolis I always enjoy staying at this hotel. I always see the General Manager present and greeting guests in the lobby, bar, and restaurant of...he obviously knows his repeat guests and greeting new ones. In the bar area at night, its like Cheers. the Bartender knows people by name. As a frequent business traveler, I love places like this!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Kent,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent trip to Minneapolis. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for the nice compliment. It’s very important for me to create a relationship with my guests and to make sure all of their needs are met. I’m also very pleased to hear that you were taken care of by our Bartender. I hope you are able to come back and visit us again soon.

Best wishes,
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Hilton/MOA and loved their Executive Rooms with access to the lounge on the same floor. This Hilton was a bit different, although I did not realize that. When we checked in, we received our room cards and went to our room. Upon arrival to our room, we realized that the Executive Lounge was not on that floor. Since we paid for that amenity, I called the front desk. They said it was on another floor and we'd have to come get passes for that. We also received a voucher for a free dessert at the restaurant there. What I can't understand is why we weren't given the extras we paid for when we checked in... Had I not asked and gone back down, we would not have gotten those extras and I would have been better off paying for a "regular" room. Also, there are limited hours in the lounge on weekend evenings, which is different than other Hilton's and I was not aware of. The room was nice, though, and clean although the room didn't have a fridge or microwave and the ice bucket it somewhat inconvenient to get to.

• Stayed October 2013
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Bergmon,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Bloomington. I pleased you loved our hotel’s executive rooms. I apologize our executive Lounge is located on a different floor and for not giving all the information regarding the location and hours. I appreciate the feedback and do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Warm Regards,
Jim
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a great hotel! The price was very reasonable for such a property. Clean, spacious, modern, free parking, excellent breakfast. Great restaurant and bar is on site.

What else can we say? FANTASTIC!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple