“Pleasant and Convenient”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami Beach, United States
“Pleasant and Convenient”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great Hotel, convenient, friendly staff and clean rooms/common areas. The rooms are spacious, modern and nice desk/workspace. The fitness center is adequate with an indoor pool/jacuzzi. I stay here often and it's consistent with all the bases covered :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Thank Elizabeth H. P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I haven't stayed here yet, we'll be there in 2 weeks however I called to try and get my rooms grouped together and work through some other issues. Courtney took my call and talk about fantastic customer service, she was awesome! I don't usually comment on CS because I expect hospitality businesses to be experts in CS but she was just great. She took care of all my requests in about 3 minutes and it really made my day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas67_75
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Courtney. I’m so glad that she was so helpful and took care of all of your requests. We pride ourselves on having such wonderful associates. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay most enjoyable!

Warm Regards,
Brainerd
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Took a family trip to see the zoo and MOA as we do fairly regularly. Got a good deal on a room here and it was rated a 4 star. I rate this hotel is slightly above average only because the inside is updated and the beds are nice. After I made the reservation on Priceline I called to ask for a King bed and a crib in the room, person I spoke with said he would put it on our reservation. Got to the room and I had 2 double beds and no crib, had to ask again at the desk to get a crib, waste of time calling ahead.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with your call-in crib request have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Warm Regards,
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our family had an excellent experience at this hotel. From our first encounter with the staff they were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We found this hotel was very close to everything that we wanted to access. We will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Amy R
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 30, 2013

On a recent trip to Minneapolis I stayed at this hotel. Check in was a breeze, with friendly and courteous staff manning the front desk. Parking is free and there is a good restaurant and bar on site. The room service was quick and tasty, and the internet connection was reliable. The only downside - no decent view from any room in the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Chico, CA
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was our first trip to Minneapolis, and we chose this hotel because it was near both the airport and Mall of America. The check-in process went smoothly, and the staff was professional, pleasant, and helpful. We upgraded to the Executive level, and that was really our only disappointment. There were no appetizers/beverages as it was a Saturday night, so we were given vouchers for one drink each and one appetizer to share from the hotel bar. The drinks cost most than the voucher amount, as did the appetizers. Disappointing. Also, the executive lounge had been taken over by several families with small children, and there were pizza boxes and litter everywhere. In the morning, the breakfast provided was scant. No hot entrees, and the selection was rather minimal.

That said, our room was excellent, as were the towels, robes provided, complimentary bottled water, etc. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again, although I would probably pass on the executive lounge unless it were a weeknight.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given the 10th floor, overlooking a wooded area. It was queit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank realjewell
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A very well-appointed hotel with large rooms, expansive views and highly professional front of house and housekeeping staff. I stayed here for several nights to attend a seminar at the nearby North Western Health Sciences University, for which the hotel offers a discount, corporate rate and provides a shuttle service to /from the university (or choose a pleasant 25 minute walk). Without a car, getting to locations outside the 5km shuttle radius is not so easy, but the obliging shuttle drivers take guests to/from the Mall of America to pick up the light rail to downtown. If you do not have a car, try the Dennys and a more upmarket bar/restaurant across the road for an alternative to the hotel restaurants. Other stores are a longer walk across an overpass (not so convenient). An elegant, comfortable hotel that I would recommend if you stay in Bloomington. Remember the street number is 3900 as there are several Hiltons on American Boulevard with different shuttles!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Julie,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip to Bloomington. I’m happy you enjoyed our friendly hotel and shuttle service. I appreciate the feedback regarding your experience as well as the recommendations to future guests. I look forward to your next visit.

Take care,