“Meetings”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My company was having meetings at the hilton so spent the last three days there and if you are faced with -20 weather and dull sales meetings this place will at least keep you sane with good food and nice staff. The rooms where clean and had enough room for one person to spread out, nights where silent and my only odd issue was the smoke detector would flash this blue light which would light up the wall like every five mins at night, I didn't notice it the first night but then the 2nd and the 3rd it would drive me nuts, just one of those dumb things that can throw you off when trying to fall asleep, not sure why it needed to flash. Wifi was fast, I had to download drivers for pc setups and didn't have to wait forever like some hotels due to bad networks.

Food in the bar was good and prices compare to most hotel bars, I recommend the burger and they had bottles of certified evil, such a good beer. Staff was super nice and helpful, will stay here again next MoA trip.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The purpose of my trip was to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, but wanted to see some of Minneapolis while in the area. We stayed at this hotel for three nights and it was a perfect; convenient location near the Mall of America, great rate, the room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Although the restaurant/room-service was a bit pricey and the staff could have been a bit more friendly, this was a good experience overall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Nina,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to the Minneapolis area. I am pleased you found our location convenient and guestrooms comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here during a recent business trip to the Twin Cities. Typically when I travel to Minneapolis I stay in this same general vicinity since it is literally about 5 minutes from the MSP rental car center and equally close to the Mall of America. There are many hotels in this area and no shortage of dining options, and also very close to I-494, so it is very convenient.

Overall, it is everything you would expect from a name brand Hilton. The rooms are spacious and modern and the beds were comfortable. The property was quiet despite being so close to the airport (I could literally see the runways from my room but still didn't hear any planes taking off or landing). When I checked in I was told about the two restaurants on the property, one of them somewhat upscale and full service, while the other offered lighter fare such as soup and sandwiches. I didn't try either but the menus looked like a good option if you don't want to go out in the cold.

I only have a couple of minor complaints. First of all I wanted to request a wakeup call, so I pushed the "wakeup call" button on the phone, but nothing happened. So I read the little book in the room and it said to dial "55" for wakeup calls, but when you dial "55" you get the voice mail system which has nothing to do with wakeup calls. Next I pushed the "guest services" button. It rang about 15 - 20 times and nobody picked up, so I waited a few minutes and tried it again but still nobody picked up. Finally I just dialed the front desk and finally got it taken care of. Just a little frustrating to have to go through so many different hoops to get a simple wakeup call.

The other thing that I had a problem with was the hotel internet service. It was so incredibly slow. Think dial-up speed slow. I tried several different WiFi connections that were available in my room and all of them were equally poor. It took nearly an hour to download my email for the day (which didn't even contain any large attachments). As much as I travel on business, I find slow internet speeds totally unacceptable, especially when I stay in nice business class hotels such as Hiltons. I did notice that first thing in the morning before I went down to breakfast the speed was much better. This tells me that the hotel just doesn't have enough bandwitdh to handle the number of guests who may be using the internet in the evenings which, again, I find unacceptable. I hope the hotel can fix that problem in the near future.

Other than the poor internet service and the little snafu with the wakeup call, I would consider staying here again. However, there is an Embassy Suites right next door that I have stayed in many times and probably will return to on my next visit to MSP.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

stayed here with my daughter while celebrating her sweet 16 with a trip to the Mall of america. Hotel was nice enough and very quiet. Hotel staff was very nice, services were good and room was comfortable for the two of us (wouldn't recommend more than 2 as the beds are just double/full size) We did eat at the restaurant in the bar area the first night. Food was OK, but as with most hotels very over priced. ($40 for 2 bowls of soup and an appetizer) - we did order pizza from room service one night which was very good and only $18 - not much more than what you would pay at Dominos, and really good, plus service was faster)
Location was OK - you are only 5 miles from the mall, and you are right off the highway that takes you there - so its easy to find your way there and back, but traffic was always heavy - night and day - so if that is an issue for you, you might want to consider a closer hotel to the mall.
Overall, we were happy with our stay here and would recommend to anyone as alternative to the hotels right next to the mall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zillamama2

Dear Guest:
Thank you for traveling so far to visit the Mall of America to celebrate your daughter’s Sweet 16 birthday and for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the recommendation and choosing to stay on site for some of your meals.

Best wishes,
Jim

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for business recently, and really enjoyed it! The front desk staff were extremely friendly, the hotel was kept up well, and the room was super clean. The executive lounge wasn't the nicest I've experienced, but was still decent. No hot breakfast food though, and no hot food in the evenings. My coworker and I went to the hotel bar, Olive a couple of times and I was far from impressed with it. The bartenders were probably the least friendly I've ever run into at a business hotel. The location was really convenient to locations around the Minneapolis-St Paul area, so I will definitely be staying here again if the price is within my expense account budget!

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip to Bloomington and I am pleased you really enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate the feedback regarding our executive lounge and Olive lounge. We value feedback and I will certainly discuss your experience with the team. I am also delighted you found us to be a great value which we recognize it is very important to be a successful hotel. We look forward to you next stay with us.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Good.... Convenient location. Airport shuttle available. I requested a late check out and they granted it, no problem. Breakfast, although a bit pricey, was very good. I chose this property because it was cheap for a 4 star. The bed was comfortable. Staff was polite.

The Bad... For a Hilton, 4 star hotel, I found this property to be very average, at best. No frills whatsoever. NO fridge or microwave, which meant I couldn't save any of my left overs. Couldn't chill any soda or wine. Nothing. Very disappointing. They put us on the 3rd floor facing the lower roof top. NOT a very nice view and we had to crank the heat, as it always seemed cold. My friend had to use the extra blanket that was in the closet. My shuttle was 15 minutes late picking me up from the airport.... wouldn't have bothered me too much except that I had a friend meeting me at the hotel and she had to sit and wait for me. Had I have known this, I would have had her pick me up and bypassed the shuttle.

Would I stay here again? No. There are nicer hotels with better amenities that are comparatively priced.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This business hotel is often booked and so I'ev been forced to stay at pretty much every other Hilton-branded property near MSP. My wait is over, and it was well worth the wait - this is an exceptional hotel and I recommend it as a base for business while in the area or if you're waiting for a flight or like me flying in late from overseas and spending the night waiting for a connection.

The hotel is just off the freeway and is much easier to reach than other Hilton-branded properties in the area. A left turn, a right turn, and boom I was there. And waiting for me was not only free parking, but a free covered parking lot with easy access to the lobby.

Check-in took less than a minute. The lobby area's only short-coming is lack of a real business center - the hotel only offers a computer propped up on a credenza stuck over in a corner next to a sofa where other guests can look over your shoulder. The lobby-floor is also home to the lounge, restaurant, pool, and fitness room.

Staff was uniformy friendly in that wonderful Minnesotan sort of way I really enjoy. No pretense, just friendly efficient service.

My room was on the 11th floor (a king bedded room on one of the executive-level floors). Common areas have clearly been updated and were spotless. My room was of average size, and I did miss not having a mini-fridge and microwave (things I've come to expect from stays at HGI's and Hamptons). The bed and pillows combined to give me the best night's sleep I've had in any hotel in the past two or three years. The building is quiet - no noise from outside or from neighbors.

The buffet in the restaurant was typical, but the fellow making eggs/omlettes to order was personable and whipped up a nice dish.

Overall, my stay here was great. The hotel delivered everything I needed, at a very reasonable "bed and breakfast" rate from the Hilton website. Great location. Nice property. Outstanding value (no charge for parking or internet access!!!). I can understand why this property is often sold-out, but if it's available when next I travel to/through MSP, this Hilton is and will be my property of choice. I highly recommend it to you.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get an executive level room on one of the higher floors. The rate includes a...
1  Thank Flying_Lawyer