I wanted to give this hotel a four but after listening to the concerns of my better half, she argued me down to a three. We stayed here for two nights over the weekend to do some shopping and the price was a steal online. The location of the hotel is about fifteen minutes from the MOA, has very easy access to the interstate and is close to Target and other shopping. It is a large, very nice, newer Hilton hotel. The rooms were clean and comfy, flat screen television, glass showers, it all had a modern feel. We ordered room service and the aged steaks from the ChopHouse were top notch, all the food was five star.
Now for the big but.....The hot tub has so much cholrine it would burn your eyes. The pool is small but is heated so I didn't mind. Our room included access to the Executive Lounge but it is not open in the evening on the weekends. Some reviews say they got vouchers for drinks at the bar or something but as some others have said, the hotel did not provide any information at check in, I had to call and see what it was all about. The breakfast in the lounge was kinda blah for a Hilton, Denny's was right across the street.
The first night we stayed, the hotel was hosting a very large party and the hotel/restaurant was packed. You have to pass right in front of the restaurant and people waiting to get to the pool and it was kind of awkward. We saw a mom and taking her kids down to the pool almost fully dressed. Also, we went to the MOA and upon our arrival back to the hotel it was dark and snowing. I was lucky and parked in one of the few spots in the ramp. The hotel entrance from the parking ramp is off the large ballroom area. We walked up to the door, hands full of shopping bags, all we could see were people in suits and miniskirts having drinks, (think business dressy attire company X Christmas party). We were first confused if we were in the right place to get in to the hotel due to lack of signs and I did not feel comfortable walking through all those people. We walked back to the car, parked in the front and walked through the snow to the main hotel entrance. The only reason I get into this is because my better half said she felt unsafe outside in the parking lot. The hotel could use a bellhop when it is busy and was surprised a hotel this nice does not have one. I wear nice, clean, casual clothes, one gave me weird looks but I did feel underdressed a couple of times. This is a real classy place with a classy restaurant that hosts dressy parties, it may not be a good pick for large families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby Mall of America and Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport, this contemporary Hilton property, with its glistening glass and brick exterior, offers guests unparalleled friendly service in a warm and welcoming environment. The full service Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington will provide every array of amenity and serve as the perfect destination for both business and leisure travelers. Coupled with our premiere food and beverage offerings in our savvy Bloomington ChopHouse Restaurant and the Olive Lounge, we aim to delight your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Hilton Bloomington
- Bloomington Hilton
- Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington MN, North America