“Very good, very clean.”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stopped there for only one night, but had no complaints. Easy to find, good location, although not exactly within walking distance to Mall of America (but then, very few hotels are). A short drive will get you there.
Free parking right in front, very quick and efficient check in, within 2 minutes I am in my room. Very spacious, very clean, very good bed, great shower. Very quiet, good night of sleep.
The pool is quite small, but also clean. Small adjacent gym, enough for a short stay. Restaurant seems good but I did not try.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for all the great comments regarding our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed so many of our great amenities; location, free parking, clean, spacious rooms. I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Bloomington.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The company I work for recently held a meeting here. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable. From start to finish in the planning process the response time was always quick. The hotel shuttle made it easy for all of our people coming out of town to get to the hotel from the airport painless. The front desk personnel were always smiling and happy to help. When we needed assistance during our meeting it never took more than a few minutes for our issues to be resolved. The food was delicious during our meeting and having the olive lounge downstairs made evening drinks easy. The chophouse restaurant was great as well, serving a group of 20 of us for lunch and they didn't even flinch. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. All of our sales people raved about the beds-which if you know traveling sales people you know this is a huge compliment. The only downside to this hotel is that it is kind of far from the airport/ Mall of America. That being said, the hotel shuttle does service the airport and MOA, so even the distance couldn't keep us from shopping! Overall this hotel was a great place to stay at and everyone had a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Laura,
I appreciate all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. These are l great comments that I look forward to passing on to my team. I am glad the shuttle was able to get you and your group to the mall and airport, and that you enjoyed the restaurant as well as the comfortable beds! I look forward to you and your group staying with us again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

this was my 2nd time to visit this place and once again was great stay. For 11 bucks you can get the best breakfast that is way better then i hop or dennys. They keep it fresh with a great omlete bar too. The Rooms are ideal pool area is ok its good nothing special but its good and relaxing. Staff is friendly and accommodating. I wish priceline always gave me this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
jimwaldvogel, Front Office Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for returning to our hotel, we are very fortunate to have so many regular guests. I appreciate the comments regarding the staff. I hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time staying at this hotel and I've got to say that it just gets better with age! The staff was all top notch and this must have been the quickest and most efficient check in I've ever experienced. I was a little nervous because there was a wedding at the hotel the night we stayed but we never heard a peep!

There was no evening reception in the Executive Lounge so we got free drinks and appetizer in the hotel lounge instead. We came in after dinner and they let us get free dessert instead. The carrot cake was amazing!

The room was comfortable, functional and quiet. The bathrobes in our room (Executive Level) were much appreciated. The perk we weren't expecting is that there is now a Trader Joes right across the 494 from the hotel!!!

You can't beat the location as you are near the airport, Mall of America and Southdale Center. Unless we specifically want to stay downtown for an event, the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington is our new favorite in the Twin Cities!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jason C
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. Thank you for all the wonderful words regarding our staff, I am thrilled to pass on such wonderful comments. I hope to have you and your Leadership Forum with us again next year!
Jim

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is our second leadership forum we have held at this hotel and we plan to go back. It is an awesome place to go stay at or to host your function with them. From the GM (who serves hotel guests consistently); to the front desk personnel who actually care; to the sales staff who make it easy to run ones meeting; to the crew who set up the rooms and to the chefs who care about their food products---simply outstanding!

Room Tip: Enjoy the wonderful lounge for those who are HHonors members--great breakfast and evening snacks! En...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very nice room. Premium coffee in room + complimentary 24 hours of wifi.
Executive lounge is cozy and comfortable. Our meeting meal was buffet style and was above my expectations. Staff was courteous and professional.
Chop House steakhouse makes for a guilty pleasure.
Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have not one complaint about this hotel. The room was very nice and large. The room was very quiet for a good night of sleep. The executive lounge was very nice and the hostess did a great job. One of the better executive lounges I have visited. It's not the best, but very good. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the servers were very friendly. The fitness room was very nice and well equipped. The next time I go to visit this particular customer; I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed so many of our great amenities including the honors lounge, restaurant, fitness center and guest rooms. I look forward to your next visit to Bloomington, and to our property.

Thanks again,